Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dark Apostle
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I give a chosen marine lightning claws, can he take an icon as well?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Yes, icons do not technically take up a hand slot, even if you phys rep them in that way.

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
I have thought about, and suggest using a Space Marine style banner pole to represent it, though it is pretty cool to imagine somebody swinging that thing around killing people.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I have thought about, and suggest using a Space Marine style banner pole to represent it, though it is pretty cool to imagine somebody swinging that thing around killing people.
I actually use the banner as a c.c. weapon in a few of my squads, tipped with a spearhead or three-balled flail. It just looks menacing 8Y.

·
Big fish in a little pond
234 Posts
I use chaos rhino bits attached to wire chain for my icons. I attach the icons to my marine squads on the backpacks, it makes changing icons out very easy. One of these days I'll have to get a good camera and post some pictures. This is also a cheep way to outfit your old dex army with icons.

·
Dark Apostle
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You glue the Rhino bit to the chain, and the chain to the marine's backpack?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Icon can really be anything, most just think of a large banner to carry round.
An icon could be a pack mounted banne,r a symbol on a chain, a personalised warp creature, heck you could make the marines armour itself the icon.
All it has to do is be noticable to your opponent and to the deamons of the warp.

·
Dark Apostle
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right, I'm just trying to figure out how he made his interchangeable

·
Big fish in a little pond
234 Posts
You glue the Rhino bit to the chain, and the chain to the marine's backpack?
Not exactly, I glue the icon to one end of the chain and loop the chain through part of the backpack. Because it's wire it'll stay put without glue. For the chain I use hobby fence and just make strips 1 link wide. A little tug on the final strip to "round" it out and wallah instant chain.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The way I do my icons is I cut the banner pole down. I leave around a half inch sticking out the top of the hand and then attach the banner. It makes it more compact and only half the height, making it easier to store in army cases and such....plus I just think it looks cooler that way. I thought about trying to do something so they could be interchangeable but it seems like I always take IoCG anyways so I just use that same banner, just adding little things here and there to make them look a little different from each other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.