Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to convert a Grey Knight Terminator Seargeant to be my Chaos Lord, however, I want to give him Daemonic Stature. I know you can't give something in Terminator Armour, Stature, so would it be ok if I gave the model daemonic armour and aura?

As for the model itself, it will be put onto a bloodthirster sized base(can't remember exact size) and it will have some additions to give the impression the model is bigger than actually is, probably even have flight.

All together i want to know, is it legal to do what i have said above??

·
Spiky
769 Posts
Hai !

Yes it is legal. As long as you model it bigger than regular marines, it legal.

You'll need to add some mutations to his armour to make it look like a daemon armour, but it should be allright

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YAAAAS! :D

Thats made my day lol. Mutations wise, i'll have a set of wings "exploding from his back", i.e. green stuff some armour thats bent outwards. I think the main thing i'll probably do with it is to have spikes piercing out from beneath the armour. Any other ideas people may have would be much appreciated.

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
I'm going to punt this over to conversions. You'll find they're ideas are often quite good.

As for the conversion itself, I don't see any problems, especially since you're planning on using Wings which everyone knows can't be combined with Terminator Armour. I don't see anyone complaining about it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You hsould bulk out his armour with a bunch of those little armour pads
you get in the Tyranid boxes. Trading for them should be easy, every nid player
I know has tons of 'em.

they could also be an alternative to all that pesky shaving your going to have to do
to remove those Inquisition symbols.

Capes, wings, banners, and those nifty ork/chaos headpoles are also good ways to bulk up a model and make it look more fearsome.

·
I hate Ultramarines
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, i had an idea like that. I was going to take a horn off one of the Defiler heads from one of the sprues i have left, then have it going through a thin sheet of green stuff made to look like flesh. Then on the other side im thinking about using one of the vehicle accessories, the one with the poles that has skulls, tau heads, necron heads etc on and having that through some more "flesh."

I'm hoping i can make the base as good as the model aswell. I need to get some more skulls, does anyone know of a place where i can get some skulls of the right scale?

·
Spiky
769 Posts
I added wings on my DP which are made of alluminium foil and electric wires. It look ok, but it fragile and I don't recommand it to anyone. If you don't want to use prefafricated wings, I suggest you use a iron / copper armature and you fill the inner gap with slim sheets of greenstuff. Then you could carve some details with a modeling knife.

If you will, send me a email and I'll send you the image of my DP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That was me who used the Chaos Dragon wings on a Marine Deamon Price model. They are the perfect scale for that model, but you would find them to be too large for a terminator sized model - unless you did some drastic beefing up work. But that same dragon is a good source of pre-made spikes/ horns.

Bitz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.