Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've assembled several Space Marine Rhinos at this point and I have a consistent problem. About half of my rhinos, the back door won't stay up, and I can't figure out why. Sometimes it stays up, sometimes it doesn't. I can only assume the problem has to do with how I'm combining the two halves of the tank.

But does anyone have any advice for my next one? I was thinking about getting magnets to open/close the door, but i'd prefer any tips to assembly without buying additional materials (but ANY suggestions would really help, as this subject yields few results)

TL;DR: pain in my Rhino's Back-door.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
356 Posts
When I made my rhinos I kept the door in the closed position when I glued the two halves together. Stays up perfectly for me. Alternativly if it seems far too loose before you glue you could build up layers of paint/glue etc. in the hole/on the rod to make it tighter.

·
517 Posts
I would recommend some very thin and very skinny strip styrene. If you glue it to the top of the door frame it should allow you to wedge the door shut. If you use too much you can always shave it down with a razor, but shaving it kind of ruins the neat appearance. If you use super glue on your models, like me, the styrene reacts slightly to it, making it swell up. This is actually to your advantage. If you shave off too much you can put on a small dab of superglue and it will swell up just enough to make the door stick again. Just be sure the glue is completely dry before trying to close the door.

·
Eternal Crusader
1,968 Posts
If your really carefull you can drill out the top of the door and ajoining bulkhead and insert small magnets to keep it shut.

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
You could also just glue it shut, unless you plan on painting the little command center inside.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Apply a dab of silicone caulk to the door pins before assembly.
It won't glue them together, but it will act like a rubber bushing when dry making the hinge a tighter fit.
You can try to insert some into the already assembled door hinges as well.

·
517 Posts
Apply a dab of silicone caulk to the door pins before assembly.
It won't glue them together, but it will act like a rubber bushing when dry making the hinge a tighter fit.
You can try to insert some into the already assembled door hinges as well.
This is a really good suggestion. Rep.

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
I'd take a stab at fitting a magnet to it. Not too dificult and get's the job done, while still allowing you to open the back of your Rhino up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts