Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for a Tomb King to wield a great weapon and a shield at the same time? Ive seen a few lists were the king is geared up like that but I was under the impression that great weapons required two hands? Just wondering thankkk yuhhh​

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nope, its just like anyone else, a great weapon does indeed require two hands so you cant use GW and shield at the same time. The only reason to put it there is if you want to use your Hand weapon and shild instead to get a marginally better save, but it's hardly ever worth it.

Will

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great weapon > Hand weapon & shield almost every time. That said, if I have 2 or 3 points left over I'll give my king a shield just because I can.

More useful is the enchanted shield. Still can't be used with 2 handed weapons but with LA it gives your king the best save he can get. Its still a rubbish save compared to most other Lord choices in the game but its all we get!

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
People often give characters Great Weapons and shields because normally shields are cheap and you can spend those last few points on one to get you up to the points limit.

GW and shield has a couple of benefits, which are that when not in combat the character can use the shield to help protect himself from shooting, and then use the great weapon in combat. There is also the added versatility of being able to choose to use hand weapon and shield if you want to, for the extra armour save.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.