Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just wanted to express my gratitude for faster forums, and come with a little suggestion:

The user cp notifies you when there are subscribed threads with new posts, but I would like to see a similar tool that notifies you when you've been quoted by someone. This makes it much easier to debate or answer questions asked directly, instead of going through all posts in a thread to find if there are any interesting posts.

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think so I now there are some threads like the what have you done hobby wise today where you post read 2 of the 78 pages and then don’t look at the thread for a weeks. But I’m not sure is on a programming level its feasible.

·
859 Posts
Would barely slow it at all, no slower than the already existing notification system would make it. However the system would rely on people sourcing their quotes properly. Also what if a person is quoted more than once within a post or multiple people are quoted? There would have to be something to ensure someone is only notified once per post. Other than that there shouldn't be any problem with the system at all.

Could be useful if somebody quotes you in another topic as a point of reference.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Would barely slow it at all, no slower than the already existing notification system would make it. However the system would rely on people sourcing their quotes properly.
Most people (typically) use the Reply With Quote option, so that normally isn't an issue. You could probably just get the code (if it's setup like regular code) to simply pull and use the first unique quote of the post; any repeating "identical" quotes (quotes with the same sources) can be ignored.

This is a neat idea, because there are threads that sometimes I don't look over or that don't get updated in my user CP that I've posted in and haven't kept up with.

Librarium | Online | Forums

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.