Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to add an inquisitor to my catachan army, and for fluff I wanted to do something with a radical inquisitor.

I'm tossing around the idea of having an inquisitor suffering a wound along the lines of quixos' hearing about the swamp rats, calls for "volunteers" from the catachan units to take part in an experiment. He attempts to recreate the swamp rats' resistance to the toxins and be comes corrupt taking his experiments too far trying to combine humans with the other races. Most of his volunteers over time die or are killed trying to leave. After two years only a small number of catachan survived but out of these came the most hardened and they became fiercely loyal to the inquisitor who sets out with his new group of death world veterans.

I'm not to good at the fluff thing and I'd appreciate any input. I'm looking for ideas for names for the unit since it really isn't a catachan unit so I want something with a little flavor. Rules to add for game play as well

Thanks

BTW does anyone know any back story on Inquisitor Kessel? I looked around but I cant get any real info on him.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That actually sounds relatively plausible. It would probably be an ordo zenos radical inquisitor and the powers of chaos somehow got into the chemicals he was using on the catachans. Another possibility is that they were mutated beyond control by either the compounds or some sort of disease carried genetically by the rats.

About Inquisitor Kessel, sorry, never heard of him and lexicanum didn't yield any results

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Being an almost total noob to the ordo I didn't even know about the ordo xenos until now but I've done my homework and I agree. I like the idea of chaos getting into the experiments, I'm thinking once he saw what the part of the daemon inside himself was doing and he tryed to mix parts of daemons into nid poisons he gave to the catachans. This yielding even stronger guardsmen partially consumed by the warp. What do you think?

I've tried searching kessel there too and got nothing, but he is mentioned in the daemonhunters codex which means there has to be some kind of back story somewhere for him.

thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
i think i remember him from an old white dwarf when the inquisitor game just came out. he was a conversion of eisenhorn and by conversion i mean head swap. kessel got the lumpy daemon host head. i remember he had blueish skin and was a radical inquisitor. other than that i dont rmemeber anythign about him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts