Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if a raider lets say is transporting a knight squad for troop choice it becomes a transport. but is itstill a heavy support or does it become a troop with them and their squad. does the squad become a heavy support with the raider or what? also is this the same w/ termies. also under troops it has Transports: Raider, rhino, and chimera; does that mean if their transporting they become a troop or them and there transported become a troop or what.

please answer this cuz man do i love raiaders.

Stern shall live on =][=

the knights shall purge the unclean(and yes that includes you dark eldar)

·
Registered
188 Posts
It works like this:

If a squad, like an Inquisitor, or an IST squad, has under their rules the option listed to buy a given transport, then that transport is part of the same troops choice as the squad it is bought for.

So, if you buy a land raider for your inquisitor or inquisitor lord, then it counts as part of the HQ or Elites choice with the Inq.

However, if you buy a Land Raider, or Land raider crusader, as a heavy support choice, it counts as heavy support.

Grey Knights, in thier various forms, do not have the option of buying a transport, so, you have to buy the LR or LRC as a heavy support choice. When you then put the Grey Knights squad into the LR or LRC, it does not change the status of either unit. The LR or LRC still takes up a heavy support slot, and the Knights still take up whatever slot they were bought as.

The entry under troops where it says "transports" simply provides the rules for the transports that may be bought for various other units. It does not mean they can be bought as troops choices, or that any troops choice can buy them. It only gives the rules for the transports which can be bought by specific units, as listed in those units' descriptions. If the option is not listed under the entry for a given infantry unit, they cannot buy a dedicated transport, and can only be put in a LR or LRC which has been bought as heavy support.

So, in your example, a Land Raider which was bought as heavy support is transporting a squad of Grey Knights bought as troops. What slots does this take up? It takes up a heavy support slot and a troops slot.

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
Unbelievable. This question was directly answered, by me, some time before you posted this question, IN A CURRENTLY ACTIVE THREAD!

What is wrong with you? You can't take the time to write according to forum rules, and you can't even take the time to follow up YOUR OWN QUESTIONS?! You are the slackiest slacker that ever slacked.

I think your army of choice ought to be Orks....

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude just cuz i dont look at all 2000 other questions everytime i dont no something doesnt make me a slacker. And if i wanted you to insult me i would have asked for it not ask for an answer to the question i asked so **** YOU.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
I reported you to the mods a minute ago for calling someone a f*ggot. This is even worse. Read the rules, please.

In defense of what number6 said, you asked this exact question in another thread TODAY. And that question was answered hours ago. And yet, instead of checking your last post, you repost the SAME question in a new thread. Then get angry when someone points out your error. That isn't exactly providing motivation for us to help you, stern.

75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mEGALOMANIAC said:
I reported you to the mods a minute ago for calling someone a f*ggot. This is even worse. Read the rules, please.

In defense of what number6 said, you asked this exact question in another thread TODAY. And that question was answered hours ago. And yet, instead of checking your last post, you repost the SAME question in a new thread. Then get angry when someone points out your error. That isn't exactly providing motivation for us to help you, stern.

first off he didnt say that did it twice he said that it was already said. but also am not trying to stop you from helping me i am trying to get help and what he said doesnt help at all.
if i did post this already its because my computer is slow and io had to click post new thread twice and i guess it made 2. but it pisses me off wen i ask for advice and people call me stupid or lazy or anyhting like that(its not advice).

·
durus
2,578 Posts
Look Stern, the great thing about L.O. is that people ask intelligent questions, post by the rules and you get intelligent responses in return. Your only getting slagged because of the way you post, lack of understanding the rules and your indifference to the English language.

Read the rules indicated by Megalo, spend some time typing out your questions, and before you post, see if it has already been answered in another thread. Use the Search engine, it can be quite a help.
Once you slow down and post properly you'll enjoy L.O. a lot more, and people will be much more ready to give you advice.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It is true that number6's tone was rather inappropriate in his reply to you, but that is not a reason to behave immaturely in return.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts