Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you start the game if one raider is in front of the other dose it block line of sight and if its destroyed would that block line of sight if say i wanted to use a squad of warriors in a raider block line of sight to wyches in a raider

·
Registered
51 Posts
raiders do not block line of sight until they are destroyed. so at the begginning of your game they can choose whichever raider they want but once the warriors get destroyed then the blown up raider becomes a piece of terrain

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
If you start the game if one raider is in front of the other dose it block line of sight and if its destroyed would that block line of sight if say i wanted to use a squad of warriors in a raider block line of sight to wyches in a raider
Hi,
Skimmers do not block line of sight under the 4th Ed Rules and a Raider is a skimmer.

If the Skimmer suffers a “Vehicle Destroyed” or “Immobilised” result from the Damage Roll chart they no longer count as an active skimmer and they become a wreck that does now block LOS.

But if the result is “Explodes or “Annihilated” then the area occupied by the Skimmer becomes Difficult Terrain with the actual vehicle being removed form the table. This does not block LOS as there is deemed to be nothing left of the vehicle.

Page 67 BGB.

To successfully block LOS to your Wyches you willfully park a Raider sideways directly in front of an enemy squad in the “hope” it becomes a wreck due to enemy fire.

Cheers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
But if the result is “Explodes or “Annihilated” then the area occupied by the Skimmer becomes Difficult Terrain with the actual vehicle being removed form the table. This does not block LOS as there is deemed to be nothing left of the vehicle.
Just to note, Usually you are moving your skimmers greater then 6" (raiders) and don't really have to worry about these results. But if you use the ravager to it's full effect you have to move no more then 6" for all main weapons to fire, or move 12" and with the right configuration ( 2 dissy 1 DL) you can use the dl and dissies on sub level.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Just to note, Usually you are moving your skimmers greater then 6" (raiders) and don't really have to worry about these results. But if you use the ravager to it's full effect you have to move no more then 6" for all main weapons to fire, or move 12" and with the right configuration ( 2 dissy 1 DL) you can use the dl and dissies on sub level.
Funnily enough I have had games where the Raiders are seemingly bullet proof, as the enemy prefers to target other more important units.

This leaves them to do whatever they want, so I have parked them right in the middle of the enemy deployment zone – dead stationary for 2 turns. The enemy is eventually pressured to take it out and a few times I have had a “Vehicle Annihilated” result that in fact hurt the enemy more than me!

So the moral of the story I suppose is, move your skimmers more than 6” if you want them to survive but park them with the hand brake on if you want to create a wreck that blocks LOS or achieve that lucky mini minefield.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.