Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, something rather strange came up in a game earlier today. An ork battlewagon with a deffrolla decided to ram my demolisher, and moved normally until it came into contact with my tank. However, it hit my demolisher right on the corner between front and side armour. Talk about coincidence. I mean, we actually got out a tape measure and the tip of my demo was within 1/16" of direct-center on his deffrolla.

We ended up rolling a d6 to decide which armour value to use (side, of course... why would I get lucky?) but is there anything in the rulebook which would tell me which to use? What would you have done in our position. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter much since neither vehicle was harmed, but who knows, it might happen again.

·
Venerable Member
314 Posts
There is a diagram on p60 of the rulebook that divides vehicle armour facing.

Going with this diagram, trace a straight line from the exact center of your vehicle to the corner, extending some length further. This line is the divide between the front and side armour "zones." Whichever zone the majority of the ramming vehicle is in should decide the matter.

At least that's the way I see it. I don't even use vehicles

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Having just quickly skimmed through the Ramming rules, there seems to be nothing in the rules which tells you that you must use a specific armour facing if you are the rammed vehicle and something happens (as in your example) which results in the Ramming vehicle hitting you squarely on the corner of your vehicle!

I would say that Takeda's reply would probably be the most logical procedure to follow if this situation occurred again.

E.

·
Scourge Lord
1,638 Posts
There is a diagram on p60 of the rulebook that divides vehicle armour facing.

Going with this diagram, trace a straight line from the exact center of your vehicle to the corner, extending some length further. This line is the divide between the front and side armour "zones." Whichever zone the majority of the ramming vehicle is in should decide the matter.
Actually, you don't use the corners of your vehicles unless they happen to match up perfectly with the diagram on page 60. Just use a template that you've traced from that diagram and place it over the center of the vehicle to see the facing lines. Takeda had you on the right track, but just made a common and easy mistake about the corners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts