Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that when talking about weapons options, people seem to only combine melee weapons with a pistol, rather than with a standard ranged weapon. If I for some reason don't care about the extra attack gained from having both a pistol and my melee weapon, are there any rules which would prevent me from taking both a standard ranged weapon along with a close combat weapon on a model?

Specifically, I was thinking about giving my Skitarii Vanguard Alpha an arc maul or power sword and keeping the standard radium carbine on him since I didn't want to sacrifice the ranged firepower for the extra attack.

Is this allowed?

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
As long as the Army list entry lets you then you can. For Example, the marine sergeant entry is something like this...

Waregear: Boltgun, Bolt Pistol, Frag & Krak grenades.

Now the army list entry says he may swap his boltgun or bolt pistol for a CCW (power weapon etc). So he could have a Bolter and a Powerfist for example. Or a Bolt pistol and Power sword.

If, however, the options part said 'replace Boltgun with CCW' then you've have to end up with a Pistol + CCW

EDIT: WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! :good: I've been meaning to join a 40k forum for a while now, already a member of lustria online for fantasy (their site is amazing for any lizardmen players out there ;)).

Hmm. In the entry it just says, "The Vanguard Alpha may take items from the Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons, Special Issue Wargear, and Relics of Mars lists."

The ranged weapon options are the pistols, and it says "a model may replace its ranged weapon with one of the following," while with the melee weapons it only says "a model may take on of the following." I guess this means that it's fine!:victory:

I'll have to think about it though before I decide if I really want to go through with this. If I give the rest of the squad any arc rifles It may be best to just give him an arc pistol to maximize my arc capabilities. Good to know the possibility is there though!

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
In that case it sounds like you're good to go! No idea about the Mechanicum as I don't think I've ever read their Codex.

Thanks for the heads up about the Lustria Online. I know where to head if my my Chaos Warriors need some new Crocodile shoes :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts