Terminator Retinue x4 - incinerator

Troops:
Grey Knight Squad x8 - incinerator
Grey Knight Squad x8 - incinerator

Heavy Support:
Land Raider Crusader - smoke launchers
Land Raider - extra armor
Land Raider - extra armor

What is a good unit to apply some raged assistance as my strategy is basically blitz! and i think it leaves my units vulnerable not having any ranged units because of my lack of numbers.
Any thoughts of specific units? Fell free to critique my army and strategy if you wish to do so.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well,
I have a few Daemonhunters myself, mostly Grey Knights, and I think that this list is fine (as it resembles other familiar ones). The Grey Knights, both regular and Terminator version all have Storm Bolter standard, this is fine for close range support.

The Land Raiders, once they unload their cargo are free to shoot and kill asuming thier not destroyed. As you should know, the regular Landraiders come with 2 TL-Lascannons, great for armor killing, the Crusader also has a Multi-melta for similar purposes. The regular Land Raiders have TL-Heavy Bolters, and the Crusader has two Hurican Pattern Bolters as well as a TL-Assualt Cannon for anti-horde firepower. In addition, all of the Land Raiders have Power of the Machine Spirit allows it to fire one main weapon and move at the same time, although with reduced accuracy.

Just putting out my ideas out, correct me if I'm wrong.
-Aemilius

P.S. This is really an Army List and should have been posted in the appropriate section

Reactions: Geoking

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your opinion and next time i will be sure to put it in the Armies list. I was unsure because it is a strategy question as well

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
The main problem is that everyone is going mech in 5th edition. I commonly play 2/3 LR's and find it hard to get rid of a marine list with 3-4 rhinos rushing your way with meltas as well as 2-3 heavy support choices with ranged AT.

With just 3 units and 3 vehicles, you will always be at a disadvantage going against another balanced list. Sure you may beat some of the players at your local gaming clubs because most of them can't handle 2-3 LR's, but against more experienced players, your LR's will always be the underdogs because:

1) LR's are easy to pop with meltas.

2) You've only got 2 troop choices. Good luck on objectives-based missions.

3) As soon as your squads get out of their LR's to finish off a unit, they're vulnerable.

The only advantage you have is in Kill Point missions where your KP totals are low.

Nowadays, a pure GK list just isn't viable anymore in a serious competition. Balanced opponents (with the exception of Nids or Orks) can easily take out Land Raiders. And your list is too small to just go blitz. You have to incorporate Inquisitorial Stormtroopers or inducted Imperial Guard. Here's a tactica for some insight on how to the run the new Daemonhunters.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
Nowadays, I usually run only 2 LR's and the rest either IST's in rhinos or Inducted IG:

IST's

GKGM - Incinerator
6x PAGK's - 2x Incinerators
5x IST's - 2x meltas, Rhinos w/EA, smokes
GKLR - EA
GKLR - EA
1499pts

or

Inducted IG

GKGM - Incinerator
Inquisitor - Incinerator, Tarot
Platoon Command Squad - Autocannon (sits on home objective)
Infantry squad - Flamer, Chimera w/Multi-laser, Heavy Flamer
Infantry squad - Melta, Chimera w/Multi-laser, Heavy Flamer
Infantry squad - Melta, Chimera w/Multi-laser, Heavy Flamer
GKLR - EA
GKLR - EA
1500pts

If I really wanted to run trip-LR's, I go like this:

Triple-LR's

Grey Knight Brother Captain - Incinerator
5x PAGK's - 2x Incinerators
5x PAGK's - 2x Incinerators
5x IST's - 2x flamers (GKBC here, in LRC)
5x IST's - 2x meltas, Rhinos w/smokes
GKLR - EA
GKLR - EA
GKLRC - Smokes
1500pts

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
This thread belongs in the army list section (all threads concerning army lists- albeit completed or WIP- are to be posted in the army list section). No worries. I'm moving it now.

*thread moved*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.