Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, second post on the forum. I need a few models I requested on the market section of this forum(6 pariahs and 3 swarms) and my army will be completed, I would like to know what you guys think of it and give me tips. I aim for it to be heavy on the han to hand with a small but powerful force. I included the names I gave them, following the french Harlequin tradition. Models are converted appropriately, the c'tan is a puppetmaster, warriors are wooden mannequins, flayed ones are dolls, Swarms are toys, etc...

1 C'tan Nightbringer (The source of five hundred poisons)

1 Monolith (The sun that never fades)

10 Necron warriors (The Mannequins)

10 Necron warriors (The Mannequins)

6 Pariahs (The Unblinking Eyes)

10 Flayed ones (The Miguided dolls)

3 destroyers (Those who Dance and Run)

1 heavy destroyer (One Burning Arrow)

1 Tomb Spyder (Thw Weaver)

5 scarab swarms (Toys)

Thank you in advance for your time and patience. This is a 1700 points army.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I REALLY like the Mannequin theme! never actually heard of the Mannequin Tradition, but after I read the names I recognize a few references. And as far as your list goes, I would have built it differently, but it seems you've already collected it, so good luck. PLEASE post some pics!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by HighMarshall Lucian@Oct 16 2003, 02:02
it is all right but:

no c'tan
more warriors
more heavy destroyers
no tomb spiders
no scarabs
a necron lord with destroyerbody

i think this works better
more warriors means more tombspyders, it wil enlarge the WBB range to 12 inch.

a few heavy destroyers for antitank, more destroyers for anti infantry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aw man, my C'tan is already painted and converted, what's wrong with a C'tan? it packs quite a punch, and ignoring all terrain it can quickly assist Units in combat, no?

·
Registered
128 Posts
yes, it is good, but for 360? in a necron army with phase out? no thanks, dun want him! just think, thats 20 warriors your losing...abd yes, i think a normal lord would be better.....but, hey its your army not mine so collect/play it how ya want :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Remember the WBB.

If you have just one of anything... your Tomb Spyder and Heavy Destroyer... will not get WBB rolls when they go down.

And Dropping the Ctan is appropriate... maybe if you were going to be playing a larger game... but for the cost of 20 warriors. Or didn't you say it was a Hand To Hand army, Where are the Wraiths... with the Destroyer Lord Combo? That is a force to reckon with in H2H.

The Pariahs will get shot up before they get to the front.

But Like someone said, if you already have what you have... then play with them. the only way to win, and or see where you are going wrong, is play the game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Geez Lordhat, I don't have a scanner nearby at the moment, but I agree, taking pics might be a good idea. I'll finish assembling my army, and if it really goes wrong I'll make some changes. Maybe if I dropped the tomb spyder... As for the C'tan I take it because I really like the model, there aren't really other reasons. When I was playing warhammer, I had squigs and river trolls in my orc and goblins army. The squigs were always wild before they came to hand to hand and the river trolls were too unstable to be much reliable. I just really loved the miniatures.

But you know, the pariahs aren't bought yet. and that's a ton of points, 36x6=216... and I could have another pack of warriors for that points, without the disrupting fields it could get me to get another heavy destroyer or something... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think that ANY model without the necron rule is a waste of points including C'Tan and pariahs, but Excluding the 'Lith as it helps keep your true necrons around. Tomb Spyders are iffy on this point as they help WBB as well, but their horrible WS and BS really tend to negate this benefit. T.S.'s are up to the individual in my opinion.

My friends and i play 1850 point games most often, as that's what the RTT's are usually set at.

Oh and Victoruno, Tomb Spyders don't get WBB anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.