Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ahh the fresh ideas of newbies who are the only tyranid players in the town.

Anyway what do you think of my friends idea of a "Big" army; only Hivetyrants, Tyrantguard, Warriors, Stealers, and Carnifexes

·
Registered
5 Posts
A bit cheesy and not enoung cannon fodder (a bit like my own army, a problem I am in the process of rectifiying).

If the army is just for fun and there is no points limit then maybe go ahead with but but if its for a tournament and has a 1500-1800 pt limit them it will be unbalanced and will be shot to bits.

The big problem with that sort of army is that the stealers and warriors will be shot to bits before they get into H2H. He won't be able to make the broods big enough to survive sustained shooting.

The only way I can such an army surving any more than two rounds is to make the warriors winged/leaping but that makes them expensive for something that will be shot easily. One really cheesey but legal configurate would be to take a five HT's, 2 HQ choices and three winged HT's as fast attack, but that would be 1500+ points in HT's alone :eek:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Lictors aren't for taking shots, they're for scaring the crap out of marines and tearing up weak commanders like ork warbosses or etherals. It would be legal, but you'de need a hell of a lot of stealers to soak up fire. Shoot tyrants with enough weapons like massed lasguns and they fall over in one yes ONE shooting phase. Even with a two plus save.

·
Registered
207 Posts
6/10, noteworthy but impractical. ;)

If you can get it to work, that'd be a fun game to play, but you could find yourself stuck. Besides, you can only have a max of 2 Tyrants(or 1 + Guards) and 3 Carnifex', so it would be mostly stealers and Warriors.

Probably would kick ass in a 1000pts only battle though.

-=Count Jasper=-

·
Daemonette
1,038 Posts
More genestelers and use the warrios as leapping Warriors.
Nahhhh no lictors add some Raveners (Ok 1 lictors is good use them as monsieurcartier says is right)

·
Registered
401 Posts
again it depends on what army your up against, the Small elite army of Big Nids,
Well guarded tyrants, lots of carnies and stealers will do well against for example Typical spacewolves and BA players, but nots so well against Eldar or Tau

Lictors are useless against spacewolves....Lictor appears to ambush squad of blood claws and a gets counter attacked by three powerfist weilding loonies, but there handy against eldar and tau

so it can depend on who your playing...but i would recomend developing a more balanced allround army that can hld its own against most thing :D

Nids worst nightmare = beeing outnumberd by marines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.