Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ (170pts + 222pts)
Commander Farsight -- accompanied by 2 Shas'vre bodyguards. Both bodyguards are armed with twinlinked plasma rifle, shield generator, hard-wired drone controller with 2 gun drones each, Ork Fighter Upgrade each.

ELITES (205pts+251pts+227pts)
Stealth team -- team of 6. Team Leader has markerlight. Bonded.
Crisis Team -- Team of 3. All armed with twinlinked fusion blaster and shield generator. Shas'vre has hardwired drone controller with 2 gundrones. Ork Fighter Upgrade.

Crisis Team no. 2 -- Team of 3. All armed with plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker. Shas'vre has hardwired drone controller with 2 gundrones

TROOPS (120pts+44+20+10)
12 Fire Warriors organised into squads of 6. Each squad leader has a HW drone controller w/ 2 gundrones and a markerlight.

HEAVY SUPPORT
Broadside XV88 Team -- 3 XV88 team all armed with smart missile system, twinlinked railgun, multitracker. Shas'vre has HW dronecontroller w/ 2 gundrones.

TOTAL -- 1501PTS

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
As I recall in the Tau codex, it states that only three hardpoints on a Crisis suit may be used.

Hence, your Shas'vre bodyguards are illegal, since there are two hardpoints taken up for the twin linked plasma rifles, another for the drone controller, and a final fourth for shield generator.

Tsk tsk.

Read the codex, my friend, update, and re-issue.

Otherwise, looks very anti- tank, with little provision for anti-infantry in the form of fire warrior or kroot squads.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actualy the drone controller is hard-wired. So it is legal.
Though I don't know if both of the bodyguards can take a hard-wired upgrade. Only the team leader can take it I think.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i'v just read the rules, and it says that any model ranking Shas'vre or higher may take one hard-wired support system -- so that means I can have a four -gundrone shield for my guys, not mentioning the Invulnerable saves caused by my shield generators!
but when you look at my army list; yes, it does look veered towards the antitank side but that's just because i play against marines one helluva lot; i need the high strengths and low ap values to bust the termies and bang the 'raider.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That is an interesting army list. Most folks wont put so much into fusion blasters. The only thinkg that I really dont agree with is the twin linked fusion blaster. Plasma rifles are just so much better and have better range. You have 3 broadsides for taking out tanks, focus on taking out those termies and marines with the crisis suits.

With my own broadsides I take a target lock instead of a multitracker for two of them and then a drone controller with the third. This way you can shoot at 3 targets instead of one which can be real overkill. Just a thought though. Usually the multitracker wont be as good as being able to blow up 3 rhinos in the first turn.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had to emphasize that i didn't want so much of fire warriors or tanks so i had my usual 12 but the reason i chose fusion blasters was cos of my terrible, terrible armour penetration dice rolls.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by The_Inquisitor@Jun 28 2003, 21:34
As I recall in the Tau codex, it states that only three hardpoints on a Crisis suit may be used.

Hence, your Shas'vre bodyguards are illegal, since there are two hardpoints taken up for the twin linked plasma rifles, another for the drone controller, and a final fourth for shield generator.

Tsk tsk.

Read the codex, my friend, update, and re-issue.

Otherwise, looks very anti- tank, with little provision for anti-infantry in the form of fire warrior or kroot squads.
as i recall in the tau codex, if you include commander o'shovah in your army, you may not include kroot of any kind.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
you face marines alot :huh: yer list looks like you plan on fighting orks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.