Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdo, ive thought and made this list for a 900pt each team tournie, i think im allying with tau at this stage.......

Reclusiarch (H.Q.) 122pts
Bolt Pistol
Crozius Arcanum
Rosarius
Terminator Honours
Jump Pack
Frag Grenades

Assault Squad x6 (Elites) 229pts
Plasma Pistol x2
Frag Grenades
Melta Bombs

Vet. Sergeant
Frag
Melta
Power Fist

Tatical Squad x6 (Troops) 105pts
Lascannon

Tatical Squad x6 (Troops) 105pts
Lascannon

Scout Squad x6 (Troops) 108pts
6 Sniper Rifles

Assault Squad x7 (Fast Attack) 232pts
2 Plasma Pistols
Frag Grenades
Melta Bombs

Vet. Sergeant
Frag Grenades
Melta Bombs

Total=901pts
Comp.
H.Q. 13%
Elite 25%
Troops 35%
Fast Attack 25%
Equipment 3%

I think the composition is quite balanced...... im not sure about the scout squad gear tho?
am i to geared towards marines, tau, etc??

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Looks ok to me, but I would change some stuff:

Drop meltabombs on assault marines. They are far better charging somethign like marines rather than vehicles, especially since vehicles can jsut move, forcing you to hit on 6's.

You cant have assault squads as elites unless you have the specific trait, in which case they would have to have furious charge, so just leave them as fast attack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol yea sorry i thought people would assume that they had it as they were in the elites section, and yea again whoops, not untill after i posted this did i see it lol, if a mod would move it.....

·
Ender of Threads
1,312 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
Drop meltabombs on assault marines. They are far better charging somethign like marines rather than vehicles, especially since vehicles can just move, forcing you to hit on 6's.
I'd drop the meltas on the elite squad only. Therefore, that squad with its S5/I5 is better suited to hunting down infantry (every model hits before most troops), and it still has the S9 powerfist for cracking tough targets. The FA squad can go after whatever those Lascannons fail to toast, and it's still quite lethal to anything else out there, too.

The scouts are cool, a sniper squad can be a real headache for your opponent. If anything, I'd consider maybe adding in a Heavy Bolter to give the squad a bit more anti-infantry punch at the same range. Infiltrate them to a nice bit of cover and have fun.

Overall, a pretty solid balanced list. There's a bit of Anti-tank, some Anti-Infantry, and some that'll do both. My only real concern is that you've got small squads, so it won't take too many wounds to start forcing morale checks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
hmm nice

sounds very good,although playing Raven Guard without land speeders is like blood angels without death company! i would cut out maybe a tactical squad for a land speeder or two, especially with alot of assault marines you might want some assault cannon fire support!

but troops are esssential so....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yea I need to keep my troops up to keep my compsoition up for composition points other wise hell yea, i was looking to stick a heavy bolter in, when i get home il take a look at droping the meltas and sticking the Heavy bolter in. Unless The opponent new some fluff about Raven Gaurd and sonsidered the heavy fast attack comp????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.