Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard if there is an Codex coming for the Raven Guard? I really would like to start a RG force but would like a codex to make it more offical. In a WD a few issues back I recall seeing somethings for them. Any news or rumors would be appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Raven Guard dont have enough of a following to warrant a Codex just for them. The WD issue is number 275. I have heard rumors of A Space Marine codex that would have customizition abilities sort of like the New IG Doctorines... but it's just a rumor. I've always thought it would be cool to customise your Chapter to your particular fighting style...

By the way, I play Raven Guard, and they kick some serious tail! Happy hunting!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on doing an Raven Guard unit. I don't have issue 275 but am looking for it. I did hear about some of the things in that issue and it does sound nice. I may just wait till the possible codex you mentioned is confirmed or not. I wanted to do a Blood Angels unit. Maybe a 1500 point army would be good. I have about 500 points worth of terminators of the BA the I bought recently so adding an HW and a few more wont be too tough. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
857 Posts
What special thigns do Raven Guard exactly do? I know their Primarch was Corax, but they're probably the least understood of all 20 original chapters. (Not counting, of course, the two missing ones.)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I dont recall any specific gameplay rules, but their history is quite interesting.

During the Horus Heresy (I think), almost all off the chapter was wiped out. So, i order to refill their ranks, their primarch ordered the uses of experimental techniques to spped the production of new marines.

Later, when the razen guard and space wolves were fighting side by side, the raven guard started ushering forward rabid humans, driven into a frenzy by the war, towards the enemy, like a minder might provoke wild animals to attack a foe. Nedless to say, the Space wolves were more than a bit worried about this, and ordered an investigation into what went on. As it turns out, these mad freaks were the results of attempting to produce space marines faster, and the raven guard soon disposed of all the failures.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Raven Guard are awesome, the fluff is cool, but the rules make for an interesting force. Any unit not assigned a transport may deepstrike,(dunno about bikes or other things like that....) as the Raven Guard are very adept at rapid deployment, (usually Jump packs and Thunderhawks and stuff) They have a few nifty rules other than that but their command squads may have Jump Packs and Lightning Claws. Pretty sweet. I won't post rules for 'em but check 'em out...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Where, may I ask, can I get the rules? Don't do anything that violates copyright, but do you know?

·
Registered
959 Posts
deciever i'd say your best bet is the index astartes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know for a fact that the rules can be found in WD 275. Now you just have to find a copy.... thye might also be in the index astartes I dunno....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Raven Guard seem to be the 82nd Airborne of 40k. They are a quick strike low vehicle formation. I believe they can deep strike mostly everything in their inventory. They would seem to be a very good Hth type army from what I have read.

In the Space Marines Codex there is a pic of a marine with a bolter who I will base my squads on.

I haven’t seen any thing regarding different squad type colors yet that is official. What I am planning is using the Blood Angels squad colors. I don't have the codex handy right now but an devastator squads would have an blue right shoulder patch, an tactical red patch, assault squads yellow, though maybe making it red would better.

I have seen weapons painted a bright silver that was a nice contrast to chaos black but just did not do it for me. I may paint them like the codex pic but with a little red on the bolters. I am probable going to paint the helms red as well. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chaos black is the main color. Has some kind of grey highlighting and the back pack nozzles are silver. Weapons are chaos black highlighted greyish.

The only official pic I have seen of them are in the SpaceMarines Codex.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i havent heard anything on a raven gaurd codex, but its not a well-known enough chapter(By GW standards) to get its own codex. but a few months ago they made an index astartes on the raven gaurd, so you can field an actual raven force

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've heard that Raven Guard were decimted in the Heresy and have mostly Scouts left. Or they were decimated somewhere else. Point is, scouts. But that's just what I've heard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thats not entirely true...you see what happened during the Heresy was they were encamped with the death guard, the world eaters, the iron warriors, and some one else. they went out on a campaign and when they returned, every chapter they left when they went out was tainted by chaos. at that point, they were pretty screwed, becase theres nothin worse then trying to take an objective held be worl eaters and especially iron warriors. They still got out(barely) and have been trying to make more marines since then.

also, if you dont like the black, white, and boltgun coloring for the raven guard then why dont you use the raptors paint job? raptors are a descendent of the raven guard, along with the rampagers. For my are i primed my men black, painted them with an ndercoat of roughly 60/40 black(60) and camo green(40). then i drybrushed camo green on it(you want to keep the overall color dark, so make sure you take a bunch of paint off when you wipe the brush on the paper). just add some details and you left with a kickass, camo type of color(the camo used by marines and army today) without much trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
as i was trying to say before i ambled on about the history of the raven guard....your whole force doesnt need to be scouts, the scouts just get some special rules. one of which is if your playing a game w/ reserves, and you start out wth a troop of scouts on the table, when you make reserves rolls you get to add +1 to your roll( a 3 becomes a 4, 4 a 5, etc.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
all i know abnout the raven guard is that they are masters of surgical strikes and meticuously plan each mission, and cheese i think the Revilers were Daemony guys but im not sure

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.