Fast:
5 Assault Marines
Sergeant w/ Power Weapon, Terminator Honours
Furious Charge

5 Assault Marines
Sergeant w/ Power Weapon, Terminator Honours
Furious Charge

395p

I play against IG, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves and maybe Tau in future. I found out Power Weapons very useful with Furious Charge because you strike first with I5. What do ya think?

For 1500p game im going to take Kayvaan Shrike with 4 Shrike's Wing marines. More and more and more of Assault Marines (Elite) and Fast Slots will be willed with AT Landspeeders. Any ideas or sample lists?

·
479 Posts
I can see you love your assault marines... anyway, the thing i see here is that you still need 1 more troop choice and an HQ which i'm assuming is Shrike. Right now your army is a heavy infantry's worst nightmare with the plasma cannon and power weapons. If you're taking plenty of assault squads, i say take some scouts with sniper rifles. Tactical marines won't we able to keep up with the assault unless they're loaded in transports and while they're in there they won't be giving you the covering fire you desperately need. The snipers will be able to hang back and pin units that you want to assault and allow you to dictate who gets assaulted. They can also be used to stop any counterassault units from holding you in combat. You still need some more shooting so get one assault squad with plasma pistols and one with flamers. These will help you weaken the unit you assault and help your survivabliltiy. One of my personal tactics is a suicidal unit of 5 assault marines with a vet. serg. w/ plasma pistols and 2 more pistols with the normal marines. They deep strike right next to the small 5 man heavy weapon crews or HQ and let rip with 6 plasma shots. This is good for taking out lone HQ's as that many shots can destroy a target instantly. If you go with this tactic, deep strike next to units behind cover so they can survive another turn to fire again. This also works against artillery tanks such as basilisks. Hope this helps you and i want to see how your 1500 pt army turns out.;Y

·
Registered
470 Posts
This is a patrol list, so the only compulsory choices are filled with the tactical squad.

They deep strike right next to the small 5 man heavy weapon crews or HQ and let rip with 6 plasma shots
How do they do that? PP have only one shoot after movement. And deep strike counts as movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.