Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,880 Posts
It works just like a regular plasmagun - so rapid fire within 12", single shot within 24". The only difference is that with a vehicle you don't have to worry about if you've moved or not first.
Uhm, yes you do have to consider one thing. You can't move and shoot ALL weapons. If you move you can move and shoot either the plasma or las...not both unless the vehicle remained stationary (can pivot though)...I'm fairly certain that's right?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Uhm, yes you do have to consider one thing. You can't move and shoot ALL weapons. If you move you can move and shoot either the plasma or las...not both unless the vehicle remained stationary (can pivot though)...I'm fairly certain that's right?
Good point. I would think that to be correct.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Yeah that's right, cheers for pointing that out as I forgot to mention it :) It's the worst turret choice for the RB possible, for this very reason.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Assault Cannons can do the same job without the drawback - if I'm gonna buy a turret upgrade, it'll be that.
"Can" but not "will." You're relying on some lucky rending rolls for heavier infantry, but against lighter/medium infantry, you're in good shape.

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
"Can" but not "will." You're relying on some lucky rending rolls for heavier infantry, but against lighter/medium infantry, you're in good shape.
Statistically the assault cannon kills more MEQ unless the razorback is stationary and within 12" of the target, and even then the assault cannon performs just about as well - still better if the target has cover. The assault cannon is a pretty good upgrade, if you choose to take one.

The lascannon+plasma guns is a very odd turret, useful if you want to use your razorback as a defending tank that needs to kill 2+ or 3+ guys close-range or vehicles far away. Not very likely that it will perform best for you out of all the turrets available, but still has its uses...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Statistically the assault cannon kills more MEQ unless the razorback is stationary and within 12" of the target, and even then the assault cannon performs just about as well - still better if the target has cover. The assault cannon is a pretty good upgrade, if you choose to take one.

The lascannon+plasma guns is a very odd turret, useful if you want to use your razorback as a defending tank that needs to kill 2+ or 3+ guys close-range or vehicles far away. Not very likely that it will perform best for you out of all the turrets available, but still has its uses...
Agreed.

I personally do not like any upgrades on my Razorbacks, as IMO they're most useful to add cheap armour and a TL HB without occupying additional room on the FOC, when either is needed. The weapons upgrades are quite expensive, but they can be useful.

Las + Plamsa perform a dual role within a defensive army. 1) Tank / Transport busting from afar and 2) Wounding / Killing MC and TEQ that get too close to your gun line. I can only see it as being beneficial when your FOC is occupied with other necessities, as otherwise there are better options to fulfill either role.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Agreed.

I personally do not like any upgrades on my Razorbacks, as IMO they're most useful to add cheap armour and a TL HB without occupying additional room on the FOC, when either is needed. The weapons upgrades are quite expensive, but they can be useful.
Agreed.

·
1,880 Posts
One positive reason for taking the Las/TL Plasmagun is that it makes it more durable by 1 more weapon destroyer result. Example: I play Necrons too and I have plenty of S6 weapons that can pen razorbacks, however I also GLANCE alot and the best I can do is immobilize or weapon destroyed. It makes it require 2 weapon destroyeds, if you took the defensive gun too, 3...would mean glancing it to death would be a little tougher is all. Plus if you stood it still you can fire ALL of the guns (PLUS disembark and move/assault because the vehicle never moved. So you can drop alot in their face from armor.

My buddy is testing this in a list spamming 3 of these.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.