Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that many players comment that they select a razorback for a 10 Marine Squad. While I am totally for house rules or friendly rules, as a general rule I read the codex as Razorbacks for 6 or less, drop pods and rhinos for 10. Do i read the rule wrong?

·
Registered
667 Posts
This got FAQ'ed for Chaos Space Marines actually, where you can have a 20-man squad and still buy it a Rhino. They can't ride it, but, as the FAQ so funnily pointed out, "the squad may drop to 10 or less". So regarding the Razorback, yes you can buy it for your squad of 10, they just can't use it until the unit drops to 6 or less (by using combat squads, for example, as given in one of the above replies).

·
Registered
341 Posts
yeh and actually I have seen players buy a razorback as a dedicated transport for a 10 man tac squad and then using it in game to transport, 5 man squad of scouts, legion of the damned.
Just because you buy a dedicated transport for a specific unit, that unit does not need to use the transport, and in fact any other unit that can fit can use it, they just cant start the game in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all. I was just reading it that the transport options depended strictly on the squad size when it came to dedicated transports. The Emperor (or wargamers) always enlighten me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
as a note though some codexes, such as orks do have a note attached saying only squads of x size may take a certain veichle if they have certain numbers of models. generally it is as mentioned above however...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The black templar codex still places stipulations based on squad size for what transport can be purchased. I do not know if they were faqed to allow the purchase of a dedicated transport regardless of squad size.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts