Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
iv seen many ppl use the,. tey dump off a squad of veteran marines and then drive around shooting things. its quite effective.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have seen them drop off a squad of devastators in key firing positions, then add to their power with whatever wepons are attached. Imagine a squad of devastators with 4 lascannons (or heavy bltrs) + 1 twin-linked lascannon all with ballistic skill 4 ( or the twin heavy bltrs on top which would add 12 heavy bltr shots plus 3 twin linked shots), ouch to any tanks or 'nids nearby. They also make excellant HQ transports when a Land Raider is not avaliable. On at least one occasion I have seen a scout squad pop-out with 4 sniper rifles and one heavy bolter (or auto-cannon). I have seen the lascannon or heavy bolter type employed effectively against Chaos Marines effectively as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by panzerjeager@Sep 12 2003, 13:48
I have seen them drop off a squad of devastators in key firing positions, then add to their power with whatever wepons are attached. Imagine a squad of devastators with 4 lascannons (or heavy bltrs) + 1 twin-linked lascannon all with ballistic skill 4 ( or the twin heavy bltrs on top which would add 12 heavy bltr shots plus 3 twin linked shots), ouch to any tanks or 'nids nearby. They also make excellant HQ transports when a Land Raider is not avaliable. On at least one occasion I have seen a scout squad pop-out with 4 sniper rifles and one heavy bolter (or auto-cannon). I have seen the lascannon or heavy bolter type employed effectively against Chaos Marines effectively as well.
I assume they shoot the next turn after they have disembarked right.

the weapons you just described are all heavy weapons.

btw, WHich idiot here transports his heavy weapons in a hotzone

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use 4 with twin linked lascannons each for the 4 6 man tactical with a lascannon each. they prove very effective especially against Imperial Gaurd.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I use a ravor back in my Spacemarine army, I have two turrets for it so I can switch to either twin linked heavy bolters [Against Nids and Orks ] or to the older las-cannon and twin linked plasma gun turret. [ Against arder foes ]
Good transport with good firepower.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i wanna use the single lascannon with the TW plasmagun setup for my razorback. the problem i have with my razorback is that a razorback with 6 greyhunters is about the same points as a rhino with 10 blood claws. i cant really see the point to the razorback being more effective but i still love using it.

maybe cause i like to use thing regardless of its effectiveness. its more fluffy. (kroot/krootox)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use my razorback as a command tank - ie. my commnad squad lives in it, drives around, beats up some guys and lay down some fire with the heavy bolter. With a capacity of only six they ain't much good for moving tactical squads, uness your playing a small game, in which the heavy bolter is invaluable (i use it as a roving battle tank in 40K in 40 Min games).

-- Tsculthorpe

·
Registered
377 Posts
Razorbacks have always been my favourite SM vehicle. I'm not entirely sure why. I like the thought of being able to lay down a hail of fire while still being able to transport a reasonable amount of troops into action.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't like them with their poor transport but in the right cicumstances they can be good, I don't think a mix of power and transport is a good idea, as they say: "Jacks of all trade are masters of none" ^_^

·
Registered
222 Posts
yea my long fangs squad is in my razorback, going to a vital area and sets up "base". they just hide behind the corner of my razorback for cover and fire away.

·
Registered
182 Posts
both of my command squads have razorbacks, lascannon TL plasma gun upgrade is extremely flexible. then with the cc ability of the command squad, its juss shoot and charge. i find it effective

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I like to put a veteran squad in one. Give them c/c weapons, termi honours, vet serg with power weapon and you've got a very mobile unit that has some firepower due to the weapon on top and a elite 6 man squad that if combined well with other assaults can eat right through almost anything. As to the weapon it will depend upon opponent ie orks = heavy bolters, guard = lascannons for tank hunting and bolters for anti-personnal. And maybe a pintle mounted storm-bolter for a couple of extra shots.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Having a Razorback bombing around shooting stuff .... works a charm :)

But most of all, it's only 75 points, and doesn't take up any troop choices, although you do have to field a squad of 6....though something like Devestators can do that easily.

I use it for taking out that nasty Ordinance thing at the back...charge it round and have a go. Biovores, Defilers, Whirlwinds, Baskilisks...all of em have been blown up due to my opponent ignoring it, since it has no people in it and only has a lascannon... :D

Run it round to side/back armour for best effect.

·
Registered
222 Posts
thats cool, they are a lot more mobile and they can save you a turn of shooting. normally a normal rhino must deploy their guys and wait for a turn to shoot their heavy weapons, where the razorback can still shoot that same turn with the heavy bolter or las.

it can mean life or death when you're going around to hit that basilisk or biovores. 1 turn can mean life or death.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.