Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering starting a new Druchii army, but as is my fashion these days, to build it in escalation.

~ 500 points. (The start of my personified hero's legend)
[using my local stores Border Patrol rules: 1 Hero (125 points max), at least one unit of ten models from the core choices and upto 1 choice from the special or rare choices]

Eschewing standard line warfare as out dated and seriously inefficient way to kill ones enemies, my Master would ride with a bodyguard of Dark Riders, employ Shades as scouts for his raids and entice harpies to follow his forces with offerings of raw flesh and occasional pacts with the cult of Khaine.

Master, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, 1 Repeater Handbow and a Dark Steed.

10 Dark Riders, Musician, Repeater Crossbows.

6 Harpies.

6 Shades.

~ 1000 points. (At the end of his first campaign)
[standard rules]

He has gained more power and followers. Appointed trusted (for a given value of trust) leaders to issue his orders to these troops.

Master,
Lance, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pair of Repeater Handbows and a Dark Steed.
Armour of Eternal Servitude.

Sorceress, lvl 2. Dark Steed.
Darkstar Cloak and Dispell Scroll.

10 Dark Riders, Musician, Repeater Crossbows.*(Master in this unit)

10 Dark Riders, Musician and Herald, Repeater Crossbows.

7 Harpies.

6 Shades,
Additional Hand Weapons.

~ 1500 points. (At the start of his second raiding campaign)
[standard rules]

His fortunes are rising, Corsairs from the Black Fleet join his warband for loot and pillage while the daughters and sons of Noble families are entrusted to his teaching, so that may learn of mobile warfare tactics.

Master, Lance, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pair of Repeater Handbows and a Dark Steed.
Armour of Eternal Servitude.

10 Dark Riders, Musician and Standard Bearer, Repeater Crossbows.*

10 Corsairs, Musician and Handbows.

7 Harpies.

6 Shades, Additional Hand Weapons.

Cold One Chariot

Hydra

~ 2000 points. (He is on his way to being a Dark Elf Noble)
[standard rules]

He has gathered loyal and powerful allies. His coffers spill over with treasure, he is biding his time and making sacrifices to the Cult of Khaine.

Master, Lance, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pair of Repeater Handbows and a Cold One.
Armour of Eternal Servitude. Null Talisman.

Assassin, Additional Hand Weapon, Repeater Handbow.
Cloak of Twilight, Touch of Death, Rune of Khaine.

7 Harpies.

6 Shades, Additional Hand Weapons.

5 Cold One Knights, Musician and Standard Bearer.*
Standard of Slaughter

Cold One Chariot

Hydra

Modelling Notes:

I have a thing against using metal miniatures in my armies. Stops me being lazy and gets lovely conversions as I am forced to make them.

The Dark Riders will be using the horses and legs from the Glade Riders, torsos and arms of Dark Elf Warriors and the hooded heads from the Glade Guard. Its expensive but looks great.

The Cold One Chariot will be made with Cold Ones and the White Lion Chariot.

The Hydra will be made from the High Elf Dragon model and spare Cold Ones.

Harpies will be made from Dryads and a fair amount of Green Stuff.

Any suggestions, warnings, ideas or comments welcome and appreciated. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

For army composition my only suggestion would be to give the shades great weapons instead. Helps with the lack of 'hard hitting' troops in the beginning stages.

For conversions I would suggest taking a look at using the Daemonettes for your harpies. Get wings from furies (they are sold in a kit from GW) and greenstuff them on. The Daemonettes look great because they have bird-like legs.

gl!

·
859 Posts
Wouldn't buying the harpie wings be cheaper than buying furies just for their wings?

I like this list, I wrote one up similar a while back but haven't used it. Looks fun :)

Reactions: Mal

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hadn't even considered Great Weapons, you are right that +2 strength would be a great tactical aid.

I want to avoid any metal, but haven't really looked at the new plastic Daemonettes, will have a gander when I am up at the GW today.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post pictures and battle reports through-out the local winter war campaign.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is great!

I love the story and escalation of the forces! This sounds built for a campaign!

I'm starting a Beastmen and Dark elf army (at the same time....my poor bank account) and this sounds like a great way to decide how to build the army. Painting piece by piece!

How did the 500 pt force fare in battle? sounds like a highly mobile force!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.