Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, the bulky look of 40k's stuff can't fit this requirement, as even the IG weapons are insanely messed up in proportion. Does anyone know of a modern line that could buy sprues for or bitz for weapons in 28mm scale? Havn't been able to find anything, but looking for stuff like M4A1, MP5, etc.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tamiya makes some 1/48 scale infantry kits and weapon sprues. They're realistic size (slightly larger than realistic size, but very close) for WH40K, but they look awful next to 40K-sized weapons.

Unfortunately, Tamiya focuses on WWII, which means no M-4 or MP-5.

·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm.. are there any online retailers for Tamiya?

Practically every Chinese mall around here has Tamiya models, but I havn't seen any mini kits or sprues like that.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Check out Wargames Foundry. They have a similar style to guard (they share some sculptors, I think) and they have a WWII range and possibly a Vietnam range. Edit: and definately a modern SWAT range. Not sure on spare weapons but it's worth a look.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tamiya can also be found through "Hobbytown USA" (I think you can order through the web site). But I agree with IGFreely - they look horrible for WH40K use. I did once have similar inclinations as to using MP5 and AR15 looking weaps, but there just isn't anything premade yet. I have converted some IG Lasgus to look more like modern weaps - e.g. Lasgun to HK93, OCIW, etc. If you combine pieces of Tau rifles you could make bullpup style weaps - e.g. (like the Elysian Drop Troops) AUG Steyr, etc. I also combined lasguns, chimera lasguns, bolters, and tau - and mimicked some weaps resembling AK-47s and family. I am hoping to post pics at a later time.

oh, yeah - almost forgot - I mimicked a minigun using a multilas from a Sentinel. Infact, I made a man portable version, and a base mounted version (using the IG Heavy Weaps tripod), and the barrel of the chimera multilas attached to an IG LC.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ok, I've uploaded a pic of some of the aforementioned weaps mods. When the moderators approve the pic, it'll be posted in the Gallery under WH40K. I'll be posting to the pic - a description of the pieces and how I made them. Enjoy - hope this helps. But if you do find a way to make or get MP5 looking pieces for 40K let me know!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts