Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a whole bunch of Gameforce snow, and a whole bunch of Warriors of Chaos, and I'd like the two of them to meet. But I don't want to just put white snow on the bases and call it a day. I'm trying to make this army really stand out from the rest of my collection, and because they're a relatively small force, I'd like to put a lot of detail into each one of them.
To this end, does anyone know how to make very "used" looking snow. I'm imagining my army on the battlefield during a spring thaw, where there is still snow on the ground, but it has been churned up by horses hooves. I'm already planning on using a thin layer of greenstuff on the base and then imprinting it with a tool that I made to look like the ground has been trampled by hooves. That's all the farther that I've gotten though!

Does anyone know how to pull this effect off? I have the "scorched" static grass, greenstuff, and the white snow powder from GF9. I would be willing to mess with Citadel Wet Effects or an equivalent, although I would need to read a tutorial. Also, other than paint, does anyone have a way to make the feet/"socks" of the horses look wet and muddy? My horses are all varying shades of brown, from cream on my Marauders, to almost black on my Chariots.

·
2,399 Posts
Also, other than paint, does anyone have a way to make the feet/"socks" of the horses look wet and muddy? My horses are all varying shades of brown, from cream on my Marauders, to almost black on my Chariots.
At a guess, watered down PVA with some ink in it? for that wet look some varnish (try a mix of a darker shade of wash in it)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, right now, where I'm at, the sidewalks have tons of slush on them. I would say gray, slightly brown, and make it glossy. Mix it up with hoof and boot prints, and have it cake onto the sides of the boots (well, at least that's what happens to my boots).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts