Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm really lazy and the only way to get myself painting is probably by having you guys criticize my terrible painting (this can't be healthy)

So here's a picture of my metallic Fire Prism (btw I know a lot of people hate metallics on eldar so sorry)
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Bumper

·
Registered
846 Posts
I like the brownish tones, adds some depth as opposed to just drybrushed chainmail.
Dig it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yeah I'm with JMichael, it's not drybrushed chainmail or boltgun that everyone dislikes Eldar. It still has a smooth and more natural look to, it looks pretty sharp.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like it, quite uniqe as you say but perhaps more realistic in a way then the bright shiny colors that everyone use (me included) for eldar. Im glad to see something different even. :)

Cheers!

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
It's not too bad, it just needs... more. From a distance, I would forgive people for thinking it had only been undercoated.

~ DiW

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Those designs will be very hard and probably make you want to murder someone while trying to paint them, i suggest adding highlights, like 3 layers, and obviously progressively get brighter you go up.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I would like to eventually post pictures of my army as I paint it the picture is a bit dark as you can't see how much gloss is on the model haha my jetbikes are painted to match

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd recommend using multiple coats of a watered down paint to bring out the details/crevices. I have a Wave Serpent painted Dark Angles Green, and the crevices are Skorpion Green.
I'll probably post pictures soon, but it looks very Tron-esque. It was super easy to do; I've received a ton of compliments on it, and I only have two colors on it so far! (It's a WIP)

·
404: Title not found
2,845 Posts
Farseer is cool, the only gripe I have is that the gold is a little thick in places. Good anyway.

~ Acarna

·
Registered
133 Posts
As with your Fire Prism, your Farseer is well painted, and there's virtually no way we can "criticize" your "terrible painting."

All I can say is that on both models, all that black is a little boring. If you're doing it for fluff reasons (a stealth strike force, or from a shadowy Craftworld or something) then it's alright, but otherwise I'd throw a contrasting color on there somewhere.

Also, you might want to post your army in the Painting Hobby sub-forum, they could give you much better advice there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts