Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of an cool idea.

have 6 squads of reapers as your troupes choice for a beil tann army.
it will scare marines and horde army, considering the amount of rockets shots per turn. also adding guide to them shots.

would this work for an eldar army of maybe 2000 points?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Obviously you need a HQ, 6 squads of reapers + HQ will come to 1200 points or so, so ou need to add more to reach your points total.

Will the army work, well it is very unimaginative, it is the very epitomy of a one trick pony, your whole stratergy relies on shooting the pants of his infantry before it reaches you, question is what do you do abouttanks and what if he does reach you? (Can you say drop pod?) so whilst it may work in a tourney to some degree, against a regular opponent he will rapidly learn to deal with you

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Then your friend will buy 3 Predator Destructors and you will lose, and buy something to counter them etc.

I encourage you to play a balanced army instead. :yes:

Reapers are far too easy to kill, and to immobile to claim objectives and table quarters. Remember that Aspect Warriors are specialized, and thus no army with only one kind of them will be succesful. Perhaps a Warp Spider army would fare better than the other ones, but that's all I can think of.

·
Registered
258 Posts
At GenCon last year I saw a player that had 4 full squads of Reapers. The table they were playing on was so sparcely covered with terrain that he was mowing and mowing. Exarchs deal with tanks, reapers deal with EVERYTHING else. It looked a little cheesy to me but danged if it also didnt look effective.

One thing that might not be so good against is TMC. 2 fexes with 2+ saves would get to you IMO.

·
Registered
199 Posts
it would have many tactical problems and TBH it would be sooooooooooo boring to play with/against.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of my friends used to do that with Tau. he'd always take a load of fire warriors with 3 broadsides, 3 crisis battle suits and a hammerhead, so hed always out shoot me (we always played on bit tables for some reason). Once hed used the same army 2 or 3 times i borrowed a few units off a friend and fielded 3 falcons and 6 vypers, all wth bright lances and star cannons. For the first 3 turns i pretty much strafed out, shot him, strafed back. He got pretty cross, but i guess i beat him at his own game!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hm... yes tanks and 2+ arnmour can be a problrm.

have your farseer and warlocks to take the enemy in combat.

have couple of squads of reapers with exarch

have falcon or fire prism with CTM and holo fields and move out and shoot and move back in.

if more points left tool up the council or the reaper squads

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
I'd play out my mechanized IG list against that and shell it with indirect fires and superior AV vehicles and massive shots. =)

Though it is a cool idea to make an army like that, I wouldn't recommend it. It is boring, and i'd rather play a REAL shooty army, if I was to ever consider that.

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
As cool as having lots of reapers sounds in reality it would very easy to defeat. One example, Tau battle suits, being able to jump back and fourth no way reapers alone will be able to deal with them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I disagree that Crisis Suits will be able to easily defeat a REaperHeavy army. The range of the Tau Suit weapons dont compare to that of the Reapers. Not only would none of the suits get saves... when the exarch hits you with that EML not only will you not get a save (unless shielded) but thats double toughness.

Maybe if you deepstrike your suits, and then only if you get the Tau missle launcher.

Remember DRs own marines.
Crisis Suits are really VERY similar to marines. (save & toughness)

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
It's a fair point that tau weaponary might be shorter range, but do you honestly think that the table will be open terrain. In all honesty any fast moving army (Space marine assualt troops, Dark Eldar raiders and wyches, seraphim.. for example) will tear apart a Pure dark reaper army. Fact is he needs more than just reapers.

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
I can only agree with Heirmoyo, and I say that NO army will be succesful in the long run with a single unit type.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I must have been misunderstood because I also agree with Heiromyo & Viktor in that no army will be successful with only 1 unit type. My disagreement was that Crisis Suits are apt to do this.

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
Ah my point was that the battle suits can jump forwars to shoot then back into cover to stop reapers from getting a shot, using terrain to stay out of line of sight to get close enough as well. It might of been a bad example but my opinion was expressed. My bad >_<

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
who mentioned the 18 viper list? because that is list is so cheesy yet cool. i like it. but might cost alot more.

if i did collect eldar i would do an ulthwe army with a cool seer council or an aliatoc eldar army with farseer and body guards and rest of them rangers and pathfinders. also a few vipers and fire prisms

·
Registered
925 Posts
The reaper army. aka the bland, easy to defeat army. Small amounts of fire destroy. a canny player can use any fire power squad to mow em down, in large numbers. the moment you take fire is the moment you lose. 5 men with 4+ saves (majority armour will kill the exarch) will get poleaxed even by lasguns. If you get the 1st turn you could dish some damage, but then you will crumble.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Da Mighty Camel said:
I did, it owns :yes:
But I would probarly never play it :w00t:
What do you do against tanks? You can't even hurt anything with AV 13+

1 - 20 of 21 Posts