Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Models themselves (apart from their heads) Look Really really cool.

However, the clear rods that hold up the bikes (in my experience with necron destroyers) if not glued in place, eventually become loose, and begin to not fufil even the basic functions of holding the model upright. (even more so, if you choose to put the splinter rifle on the lower half of the bike)

So, There are two options I believe I have;

One involves making and purchasing scenery which the bikes will be flying over, and convieniently touching with an aspect of ther craft; holding it aloft.

the other seems to lie in a way of re-inforcing the peg-hole into the model somehow, to prevent the wear from rendering the rod useless in holding up the craft.

which is the more elegant, stylish, and monetarily viable?

What do you suggest I do?

·
Registered
620 Posts
errr. i had to read it a few times to understand you.

i used a pin vise with the large drill to drill the hole in. i drilled it into i reached the hollow bit. and i dont have any problems, if you glue them it tends to take up room.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I didn't find the post hard to read......

Anyway, yeah, I'd pin them into place.

Drill a hole into the clear rod, and into the reaver bottom where you want the rod to go. (I don't have any reavers so I don't know if they have a hole in them) The hole should be about..... 5mm, maybe 4mm....... Get a paper clip or similar thin metal type thing, and bend it to be more or less straight and make sure the length of the metal pipe thing is approximately the same as the depth of the 2 combined holes. Put the metal pipe in the hole and glue it in and the reaver should be held to the clear rod by the metal thing. I have only tried this on actual miniatures like arms that will fall off and stuff so I don't know if it will work but it should.

I hope i've actually helped here......

·
Registered
620 Posts
drilling a hole through the rod is hard, it can break and hurt you. better be safe than sorry.:yes: you could just stick the reaver to a base that the knights use for warhammer or a large round base.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Then they wouldn't be flying would they?

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
I went ahead and enlarged the hole on the bottom of the reavers and raiders. Now they sit a little lower on the peg but I find that they are pretty sturdy, tight and easy to remove. I used a dremel to to drill the holes bigger.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You could Kind of Cut the flying base in Half or cut off 1/3 of it and then try to pin it. Using different hights for each reaver makes the squad look better and you can still pin the models to the base like the others have said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts