Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm back!!
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chaos army has been wandering the warp for years, losing people to the perdations of the denizens therein, (somehow entire squads infrequently disappear from my armies...2 thousand sons squars, 1 autocannon/2HB predator, 1 SM whirlwind, 1 SM dreadnought, 4 SM assault terminators...about 2000 points of tau...wtf), and they have finally been revisited by the favour of the Gods (my pocketbook).

So, the models I currently have are:

11 Thousand sons
2 Thousand son sorcerers
1 Ahriman
1 tri-las pred
1 Lord of Change
9 flamers
20 daemonettes
10 bloodletters
1 daemon prince
12 chosen/close combat CSM
12 'ranged' CSM
5 man havoc squad (las, autocannon, HB, missile launcher)
1 CSM land raider in a state of disrepair

And as it stands, I have no real direction to go theme-wise for my army.
I really want to maintain my powerful socererous ties with tzeentch, but I don't want to go full TS. I have no idea what my paint scheme would be, nor my fluff, nor even my plan for battles...I've been playing chaos for about 5 years so i'm no newb, but right now I'm coming back from a 1-2 year hiatus from them, and really have kind of lost my focus.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for cool colours, (i'm a rather good painter, but the less complex the faster I can do it), or conversions or fluff, or...anything!

As-salaamu alaikum
-The God of All Machines

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
First off you should post in the army list section. Maybe someone can move it there.

Second... you got a lot of daemons. In CSM all daemons are gereric, weak compared to those in the daemon codex. Those close combat and ranged CSM Havocs can all be used as basic CSM. Just make units of 10, throw in a good Icon, a rino and some meltaguns or plasma and you're good to go.

Ahriman and that Daemon Prince are two good but very expensive HQs. That Lord of Change will be used as a generic greater daemon. It counts as an HQ, but doesnt take any spots in the FOC. Maybe you can use the Ahriman model as an Aspiring Sorcerer for the 1K Sons.

You need to get close to the enemy quick with the Land Raider. Then you get out with the CSM, summon the daemons and let them do all he killing. The CSM and 1K Sons move onto objectives.

Tri Las Predator is extremely expensive. I would go for 1 Autocannon + las pred.

·
I'm back!!
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also how have 7 plague marines, another obliterator, and another daemon prince (the nurgle one). I was thinking, it would be expensive, but if I had two daemon princes, one to level combat with a mark of nurlge and nurgles rot against larger groups of troops, and the other to own against more tough enemies with mark of tzeentch, gift of chaos and perhaps warptime. Or maybe run around with a bolt of change, who knows.

I need to throw a couple rhinos in there for sure, and I'll make up an army list soon, but right now i'm preoccupied with an apocalypse battle i'm having for the last big battle of the third war for armageddon. Maybe i'll post pictures if I can ever remember my photobucket account...

As-salaamu alaikum
-The God of all Machines

·
Registered
324 Posts
First off you should post in the army list section.
Why? He's also asking for theme and even mentions he needs fluff ideas.

Ahriman and that Daemon Prince are two good but very expensive HQs.
Compared to lords Daemon Princes are not expensive.

I was thinking, it would be expensive, but if I had two daemon princes, one to level combat with a mark of nurlge and nurgles rot against larger groups of troops, and the other to own against more tough enemies with mark of tzeentch, gift of chaos and perhaps warptime. Or maybe run around with a bolt of change, who knows.
Gift of Chaos isn't so flash if you ask me, winds is far better and warptime is great. MoN and MoT are both very good marks for a Prince imo.

Moving onto theme I like the idea of sorcery (Tzeentch is my favorite god) so that ticks the boxes with me. Perhaps you could have sorcerers from all pantheons of chaos (except Khorne of course) and make it that they peruse magic in all its forms, some having been swayed to the side of Nurgle by the offer of gifts and unique spells, whilst the majority favor Tzeentch for obvious reasons. The two Daemon Princes rule the legion in a relationship of convenience as both are seeking magic but not of the same form, meaning there is no competition for particular texts as what is sought by one faction is considered worthless by the other.

Apologies if I waffled a bit, it's late and I should be in bed.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, for theme and fluff, why not just go with a bit of what your first post said, they're a remnant of their past glory. Years of warfare and travelling through the warp have torn their once, mighty ranks to a clattering of troops and heavy artillary. Now they fight to regain the power that was once, rightfully theirs and nothing will stand in their way!

As for paint scheme, you could always keep the Thousand Sons/Death Guard paint schemes to keep things simple. However, if you're looking for something new, might I suggest a warped version of the Ultra Marines? My reasoning behind this scheme is, because Ahriman and his Thousand Sons would be the brains of the bunch and probably the master tacticians, they would have probably surmised that the key to their ultimate escape from the Warp would be to take down the Ultra Marines home world which is, as we all know, on the outskirts of the Eye of Terror. They could then take the mentality of "if you can't beat them, join them....then shoot them all down as they sleep!" In this case, the logical direction would be to try to blend into their ranks by painting their armor the same, but since they're still twisted by Chaos they would still have horns, more black than the average Space Marineand of course open wounds. If they were to succeed in taking down the Ultra Marines, the defense around the Eye of Terror would stagger, allowing more of the CSM to emerge and destroy what's left of what was holding them back and perhaps reclaim the planets that Horus had once conquered. Perhaps Tzeench and Nurgle would take your "Rebels" into a high esteem and grant them the power they so hunger for.

That's just my two cents lol. I appologize if my suggestions were a bit long winded but I get very excited when people ask for fluff help, especially if it's from scratch. Hope some of this helped!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry Ghost of Rage, but that idea has 2 large flaws:

1) Ultramar is on the opposite side of the galaxy to the Eye of Terror.
2)The Ultramarines would never allow renegades into their ranks.

Though everything sounded okay until you mentioned Ultramarines. Going with that idea though, Fenris is relatively close to the Eye of Terror and Thousands Sons and Space Wolves hate each other, perhaps the plan is to kill the space pups to gain Magnus' Forgiveness (assuming you are using Ahriman as Ahriman)?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sorry, I meant to say Space Wolves lol. My buddy was talking to me at the time about Ultra marines and I sorta got the name stuck in my head. I also wasn't meaning actually joining their ranks, I meant it as a sort of infiltration mechanism. If they're painted the same, perhaps they won't be detected as early on and get close enough to slaughter them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.