Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have been browsing this thread for a while and have been researching necron tactics and army lists for a long time. So far I have the battleforce and an annihilation barge with overlord. I was just wondering what are some other units that are good and what should I avoid. Looking for a 1000-1500 point list. Mostly friendly games, possibly against a lot of marines so would need some anti marine firepower. Thanks.

If possible also some anti tau tactics. So pretty much an army agains tau and marines if there are any tactics for that.

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
Get your basics: Destroyer Lord, Wraiths, Nightscythes, Assortment of Crypteks (to be used as despair.teks or storm.teks, depending on your list), and Annihilation Barges, along with some Warriors (which you'll have from your Battleforce box).

After that, you're pretty good with anything, but to start avoid: Lychguard/Praetorians box (though you can use this kit to make crypteks cheaper than the finecast version), Flayed Ones, and C'Tan shards. Those are the hardest units to get any worthwhile use out of, so avoid them as you get your bearings.

Easier to get the "strong stuff" to give you some training wheels to start, then dial it back once you've gained an understanding of the game.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks, what about destroyers? Would their weaponry deny the 3+ save for marines? Are they worth it. Everything else I pretty kuch understand, destroyer lord with wraiths, arks and flyers. Thanks though

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
Destroyers tend to be worthwhile in a Marine-heavy environment. Their only problem is that they tend to compete with Wraiths for a FA slot.

Otherwise, they tend to be a fine option. Either Deep Strike them in later to hit an exposed long range unit (like Devastators, Long Fangs, or Dark Reapers), or just aim for a flank. Don't forget to re-roll your 1's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts