Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I was considering the idea of making a Red Scorpion army. Now for the army, I intend to follow the fluff of the Chapter. Therefore, I am planning on having Apothecaries as my Sergeants for the Tactical Squad and Carab Culln to allow these upgrades to be free. I know that there is also a powerful pskyer (Sevrin Loth) but if i include both Culln and Loth, it will be really expensive. I am looking at a 2000 - 2500 point army list. Now I know that my army list below is only 1750 points; I am stuggling with adding other units. According to the fluff, Lord High Commander Culln has disdain for the Scout Company, believing that their stealth tactics are dishonorable. In addition, I have at least four Apothecary Sergs and 1 Veteran Serg (Special Character upgrade). The Master Apothecary is considered to be the second-in command of the chapter, therefore i am using Harath Shen to accomadate the role. Culln, Thann (Shen) and the Assault Termies will be together. Now i would at Sevrin but like i said earlier, it would be too expensive. Anyways, onto the list below.

Here is what I have for an army so far.

Red Scorpions - 1725 pts (so far)

HQ
Carab Culln - 215 pts

Master Apothecary Kregor Thann (Counts as Harath Shen) - 135 pts.

Elites
Terminator Assault Squad (x5): TH/SS - 200 pts.

V. Dreadnought: Mulit-melta, Extra armor - 180 pts.

Troops
Squad Haas: Missile Launcher, flamer; Veteran Sergeant Haas - 230pts.
Squad Raum: flamer, heavy bolter; Apothecary Raum - 170 pts.
Squad Zhyr: Meltagun, Multi-melta; Apothecary Zhyr - 175pts.
Squad Yaec: Plasma Gun, Lascannon; Apothecary Yaec - 190 pts

Fast Attack
Squad Ortys: Plasma Pistol (x2); Sergeant Ortys (TH, bp) - 230 pts.

Total: 1725 points

·
Registered
9 Posts
You need to add some heavy fire power! Maybe a land raider for your terminator assault squad! Also you can use scout, your write in what the fluff says but I think it's just they don't like using sneaky tactics so using them as a fast troop in a land speeder storm will give you a much needed tactical element! Also maybe an iron clad dreadnought! In my opinion lots is a very good character to take, very powerful and good in assault with his honour guard, i personally have taken him with a vanguard vet squad with power weapons and storm shields in a redeemer, works very well!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You need to add some heavy fire power! Maybe a land raider for your terminator assault squad! Also you can use scout, your write in what the fluff says but I think it's just they don't like using sneaky tactics so using them as a fast troop in a land speeder storm will give you a much needed tactical element! Also maybe an iron clad dreadnought! In my opinion lots is a very good character to take, very powerful and good in assault with his honour guard, i personally have taken him with a vanguard vet squad with power weapons and storm shields in a redeemer, works very well!
So should I drop the Master Apothecary and add Sevrin Loth with an Honor guard then? Wouldn't that be expensive though?

In addition, what was your list comprised of? you still have the list?

·
Registered
9 Posts
ill be honist, i dont know what rules the master apothecary has, im assuming he was in the 2nd badab book (i only got the first as got distracted with other releases) but i do think for his points loth is a good choice, especially with the new psychic powers he can choose from!
honour guard are expensive thats why ive chosen a vanguard squad instead, i also chose these over termies as they will strike before TH terminators plus if you upgraded vet serg with relic blade that would also give you a little more punch!
im not saying your list is bad at all, its a good list i would wory that its quite slow, even with 3 tacticals having feel no pain there are alot of weapons that negate this especially when you will be slowing advancing across the battle field, i know you prob deep strike termies and assualt squad but if they arrive early with know support they wont last long on there own!
my list is

Sevrin Loth=205

Chaplain=100

Sternguard Veterans x5
Combi-melta, p/fist, p/gun, r/back, twin a/cannons=240

Venerable Dreadnought
P/cannon, flamer, drop pod=220

Tactical squad 1
P/weapon, p/pistol, flamer, launcher=200

Tactical squad 2
P/weapon, p/pistol, flamer,multi melta=200

Vanguard veterans
S/shields, p/weapons, r/blade=275

Landraider redeemer=240

Devastator squad-190
Combi-plasma, 2 l/cannons, 2 p/cannons=320
i put loth with stern guard vets in razorback so can utilise his psychic powers (vortex of doom is good), the chaplain goes with the van guards for moral support and re rolls ( i know this is different to what ive said above but i try to get a few psychic shots out of loth before launching him into assault) also the razorback really augments the sternguards fire power while being able to protect/move them where there needed, i normally split my tacticals into combats, as heavy weapon targets big things while sergeant and flamer can target objective, same with devastator so the two plas cannons can target massed troops while two lascannons target vehicals/ monsters,
please give me your opion on my list, always good to get a different view
(i know ive over equiped, it was that or spend even more money on expensive forge world parts!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill be honist, i dont know what rules the master apothecary has, im assuming he was in the 2nd badab book
•Master of Chirugery - may re-roll any 1s on failed Feel No Pain Rolls

•Pride of the Chapter - The presence of a Master Apothecary in an assault adds +1 to assault resolution results. also, a single wound suffered by the master apothecary may be transfered to another allied model in the unit he has joined. the allied model may then try to save this wound if possible.

honour guard are expensive thats why ive chosen a vanguard squad instead, i also chose these over termies as they will strike before TH terminators plus if you upgraded vet serg with relic blade that would also give you a little more punch!
Sounds Reasonable.... Vanguard with Storm Shields and Power weapons remind me of dueling marines.... lol

im not saying your list is bad at all, its a good list i would wory that its quite slow, even with 3 tacticals having feel no pain there are alot of weapons that negate this especially when you will be slowing advancing across the battle field, i know you prob deep strike termies and assualt squad but if they arrive early with know support they wont last long on there own!
But isn't the point of a Red Scorpion army to have apothecaries as sergeants? Now if I take both Culln and Loth that's pretty expensive (420 points) but powerful still. Nonetheless, you list is really interesting. But like I said aren't Red Scorpions more on purity of gene-seed so apothecaries are where its at.
So you put Loth with the Sternguard and not the Vanguard?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, you are correct, if I took culn I would use the apothecary upgrades as its insane! I had already made my sergeants before the second book was released! As I said before I do interchange loth's role, depending on my opposition! His psychic powers really adds to the sternguards but also when with the vanguards he really adds to the squad plus if you activate his armour he is very hard to kill!! All I can suggest for your list is that you need to add some movement, as I've said before, ur assault squad will be very isolated if they turn up in the second turn when all your tactical marines are half way down the field helplessly watching the slaughter, thinking about it, I may even drop my ven dread to a regular dread, give the drop pod to a tactical and giv a rhino or razorback to the other!! Thinking razorback with twin plasma and las cannon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts