Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under "Assaults while falling back" on P.46 BRB, it says that if an enemy unit declares an assault against a unit which is falling back and is found to be in range, the falling back unit must immediately test to regroup. If the test is passed, the unit regroups and the enemy unit moves in his assaulting models.

Now then - here's my question. Under "Regrouping" on the same page, and looking at paragraph 5, it says there that the unit which successfully regroups can immediately move up to "x" inches. Does this mean that the consolidation move could be used to take the now-regrouped unit *out* of assault range, thus preventing the assault from happening?

Or does the fact that the assault was declared when the unit was found to be in range overrule this?

E.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
I think that the fact that you are using the power of being assaulted to regroup, from that point onward the assault must take place.

I would regroup around the closest model since that is where the rule is enacted.

Cheers.

Reactions: eiglepulper

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If the test is passed, the unit regroups (WITHOUT MOVING) and the enemy unit moves in his assaulting models.
Sorry E, but you need to read page 46 again. I inserted the part you missed in your quote above.

Reactions: eiglepulper

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Sorry E, but you need to read page 46 again. I inserted the part you missed in your quote above.
Um, no.

It says that you may move immediately move "up to 3."

But it may not move otherwise AFTER regrouping.

·
1,648 Posts
psichotykwyrm is right, read the first paragraph under "Assaults while falling back".

"....If the test is successful, the unit regroups (without moving), and from then on the fight contunues as normal,......"

So no, if a unit that is falling back is assaulted and pass the regroup test they may not make a consolidation move.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Um, no.

It says that you may move immediately move "up to 3."

But it may not move otherwise AFTER regrouping.
Wicky, I think you're confusing the rules for normal Regrouping with those found under Assaults While Falling Back.

This is the exact two sentences you should look for on the left-hand side of page 46:
"If an enemy unit declares an assault against a unit that
is falling back and is found to be in range, the falling
back unit must immediately test to regroup (see right).
If the test is successful, the unit regroups (without
moving)
, and from then on the fight continues as
normal, starting with the enemy moving in his
assaulting models."

This clearly states that the assaulted unit gets no move if it makes the regroup test.:beer:

Reactions: Wicky

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
As usual, the LO experts have come to my rescue.

I've been reading both sections (Assaulted while falling back" and "Regrouping" as one entity, when in actual fact they are two almost completely separate items.

It's paragraph 4 of "Regrouping" (counting the bullet points as a paragraph) which I now see makes the point that these are two independent sections. The only time that the regrouping unit gets to move the extra 3" is if it is regrouping under normal conditions. The 3" bit is referred to as "a move", not a "consolidation", and therefore has to fall under the ruling of 'without moving' as stated under "Assaulted while falling back".

I thank everyone for their help, and rep all round.

E.

·
Dark Eldar Zealot
3,699 Posts
Wicky, I think you're confusing the rules for normal Regrouping with those found under Assaults While Falling Back.

This is the exact two sentences you should look for on the left-hand side of page 46:
"If an enemy unit declares an assault against a unit that
is falling back and is found to be in range, the falling
back unit must immediately test to regroup (see right).
If the test is successful, the unit regroups (without
moving)
, and from then on the fight continues as
normal, starting with the enemy moving in his
assaulting models."

This clearly states that the assaulted unit gets no move if it makes the regroup test.:beer:
Yep, I won't hold onto an incorrect position here.

I read all of this wrongly and indeed confused the two entries when it said (see right) for an explanation. I simply read the right hand column and disregarded where I should have been.

Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts