Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
when i was looking for some new equipement for my captain,this possibility revealed itself, is it conform the rules?in the rule entry of both in the armoury it staes in the fluff of the relic blade its two-handed, and in both rule fragments of the items it states you cant get the additional attack from a CC wpn,,but can you wield it together?

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
It is totally rules-legal to buy a relic blade and a storm shield, and there is no additional negative effect. It's a popular combination, especially on bike captains - makes a very tough and hard-hitting unit.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Rules as written, and very likey rules as intwended it is 100% legal.

For rules as written you have page 132 in your codex to refer to. It states under your options -Replace bolt pistol AND/or chainsword with:
-blah
-blah
-blah
-storm sheild
-relic blade

Rules as written this makes it 100% legal as, your simply replacing each f your weapons for eavh of the options.

Rules as intended I also beleive this to be legal as on page 52 of your codex they have a chapter master dual weilding thunder hammers. Fluff wise thunder hammers are most definately a two handed weapon, and here GW is in their own publication showcasing it. Not to mention the ever popular assault terminator squad sporting thunder hammers (two handed weapons, much like a relic blade) and sorm sheild, or even captain lysander!

·
Now w/ English voice-over
454 Posts
... Fluff wise thunder hammers are most definately a two handed weapon, and here GW is in their own publication showcasing it. Not to mention the ever popular assault terminator squad sporting thunder hammers (two handed weapons, much like a relic blade) and sorm sheild, or even captain lysander!
While I agree that the combination in question is perfectly legal, thunder hammers have always been one-handed weapons as far as I can remember, and still is in the Daemonhunter Armoury.. :(

Okay unnecessary comment, but nothing's happening and I'm bored.. :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
While I agree that the combination in question is perfectly legal, thunder hammers have always been one-handed weapons as far as I can remember, and still is in the Daemonhunter Armoury.. :(

Okay unnecessary comment, but nothing's happening and I'm bored.. :)
Don't worry about it, I was simply going on models like the new Death Company, who carry a Thunder Hammer in two hands, and a Games Day model in my possesion holding a Thunder Hammer in two hands. After going back to some of my other codices, my Space Marines 3rd and 4th edition, as well as my Black Templar 'dex you are right. This also takes me back to how in previous editions you would be able to take 1 single handed weapon (Storm Sheild) and a two handed weapon (Relic Blade). Thunder Hammers are a single handed weapon, but that said the Relic Blade Storm Sheild configeration is still 100% legal.

·
Registered
297 Posts
There are a few weapons which traditionally, at least unofficially, have been two handed for normal marines but one handed for terminators. Thunder/Daemonhammers, psycannons, incinerators.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.