Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my first battle with Tau ever, a 2000pt cleanse mission vs. Black Templars. Definately was a completely exhilarating and nail biting battle to the very end, where I managed to pull a win by controlling 2 quarters vs his 0. Do all you Tau players still remember the first day you picked up a pulse rifle?

Share! Share! Share!

·
Registered
107 Posts
~500 point skirmish against Chaos played on a pool table with laterally symmetrical terrain. My friend and I had just started playing the game so we didn't check morale or apply any sort of rule aside from to hit, to wound, and save. I can't even remember who won...

·
Gone
1,286 Posts
Yeah. It was against BA though, no points value, though it was probably like 300. There were special characters, forgotten rules, and angry losers (not me).

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yeeeesh, my first few games went pretty badly. Never had first turn, never had enough cover, plus I only had one Hammerhead, which never made it past turn 2... :X

I blame it on my Shas'O, he was hittin' the sauce in those days...:drinking:

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Against Orks (You know, before the new 'dex came out), Let's just say that I've pasted by sister with the loss of a single Fireknife, Kroot and a Fire Warrior.

All in my first cracking 400 point battle.

Now that the new Ork 'dex had just come out (and downright filthy as it is :0), it looks as though I may have a challenge coming in from the sunset. I'm trying not to have a kitten when she plonks the mini's on the table, hopefully not the Shokk Attack gun, otherwise I may have a real fight on my hands!

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
211 Posts
750pt match against thousands sons. i lost 2 fire warriors. he lost his army.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD

·
391 Posts
first game with tau i ever played i got caught in close combat with bloodangel termies. They killed the unit down to a single firewarrior which killed a termie in return and rolled snake eyes for LD. Next turn the termies failed to hit/wound with every attack(!!!!!) and My Shas'ui killed another. Termies rolled 2 6's for LD and my lone FW ran down his termies. He has a looted Bloodangel powerfist modled onto him to this very day.

Beware the Tauer fist

·
Registered
230 Posts
first game with tau i ever played i got caught in close combat with bloodangel termies. They killed the unit down to a single firewarrior which killed a termie in return and rolled snake eyes for LD. Next turn the termies failed to hit/wound with every attack(!!!!!) and My Shas'ui killed another. Termies rolled 2 6's for LD and my lone FW ran down his termies. He has a looted Bloodangel powerfist modled onto him to this very day.

Beware the Tauer fist
Awesome story.
While my Tau should normally hit half the time (4+), and wound a third of the time (5+) in CC, I'm lucky if I hit a third of the time, and wound a fifth! And then my opponent will always pass their save, even if it's a 5+.

·
391 Posts
i have the opposite problem. My tau tend to do awesome in CC. I used to play a CC tau army (stupid i know) that revolved around 3 3 man Crisis squads and 2 3 man COmmand squads that would deepstrike and light stuff up. Assualt turn after. It counted on my odd habit of rolling in around 4 squads turn 2. Ive been jokingly accused of shaving my dice with the sandpaper they put in the bathrooms. It was fun but i switched to a more tourny friendly hybrid list

·
Registered
316 Posts
my first game was only last january. it was th first one I had played since giving up the hobbie in the early 90's.

I played against my mates amazingly painted death guard while I used some tau I'd bought of a 12 year old on ebay that were "painted" red and black.

we only played 500 points and I used a hammerhead!!

I had killed all his stuff by turn 3.

Much rule reading and scratching of heads was done.

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Ive been jokingly accused of shaving my dice with the sandpaper they put in the bathrooms.
Wait a minute. Sandpaper in the bathrooms? What kind of place do you play in, not a set for the new Saw Movie is it?

That lone Tau Shas'ui, That's some insane dice rolling man, how could that be possible!

Illegal_Carrot, I think that Fire Warriors would need a 5+ to hit any models with a Weapon Skill of more than 4, though I do not have the BRB at hand, I'm pretty sure that that's the case :?. Better look at that when I eventually come home!

Still even though I had 3 battles with my tau, it seems that my irrate opponent can only manage to kill a single Fire Warrior! Long live the Devilfish!

-Kai-Itza-

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
My first game with Tau was about two months after the old Codex came out. My list was appalling with XV8 bodyguards, Shield Gens on every single XV8, lots of static Fire Warriors with (oh god the shame) mixed carbines and rifles, XV8's with burst cannons and XV88's (pre A'S'S remember) and 1 Hammerhead (yeah only one HH what the hell was I thinking :X).

My first game was 2000pt against a friend at a club which no longer exists(the club not the friend) who was using Salamanders. I got creamed by multiple Meltas, Flamers, assault squads and one assault squad in particular led by Chaplain Xavier who basically ripped apart my XV8 HQ and Bodyguards and then proceeded to cut a bloody swathe through my static Fire Warriors and my XV88's. I got massacred and the next few games were a steep learning curve of losses and draws.

I did not get disheartened instead it made me go back and really study the Codex, I lost the BG's and the carbines (that really peeved me having to replace 18 sets of arms) and really started to think about how the list worked.

I ended up with a hybrid list with a strong FW and Kroot firebase, sensible XV8 HQ and elites and 3 Hammerheads for a nice mobile element and from then I never really lost badly again ( I did lose sometimes obviously but no more massacres).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.