Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per Thread Title: remove this smiley 0) please

Since this forum is about tabletop gaming in general and warhammer in particular, and a lot of discussion is about lists, rosters and unit costs, this smiley is often an hindrance rather than something useful. A lot of times it shows up at inappropriate times! Here are some common use examples I recently saw:

- "... I am just come back to the hobby (I played my last match in 2010)..."
- "Leman Russ Executioner with sponson plasma cannons (230)"
- "... Army list (moving from 1500 points to 2000)"

And so on.

Not to mention it's ugly. I mean, did you see it? It's really ugly.

If you want to keep it at all costs, i suggest to use another combination which shouldn't happen by chance, like "O-)" or "o-)"

Thank you.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
It's built into the forum. I'm fairly certain that we outsource the smiley (by way of the software used to host the forum) and therefore can't just remove it. However, when you're posting something, in the "Go Advanced" option below your 'Quick Reply', or in your post if you are starting the thread, there is an option which says 'Disable Smileys in Text'. This will get rid of the 0) similey, B) smiley, as well as the usual :) and ;) smileys. Emoticons in general are incredibly stupid, I only use them because they are an option, and wouldn't miss them for a moment if they were gone. All the same, some people do like them, so I doubt that we'll ever be able to get rid of them completely. Just disable them.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I will look into this later, but I think as the Captain said, most are pre-generated. I will see if I can alter the symbols used for certain emotes.

Kuffy

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Yay! No more weird numbers with cyclopean eyes!

Thanks, Mo.

E.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts