Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok on the Repressor kit it comes with the expanded rear area that has 6 fire points, 3 on each side to the left and right. The rules say that up to 6 passengers can fire their weapons from the fire points but how are you supposed to actually utilize all 6 fire points unless you drive into an enemy formation and they horseshoe around the vehicle. It makes no sense that in a typical situation you can only use half of the firing capacity of the Repressor and even then you have to line it up so as to do a drive by or they are technically not pointed in the right direction to be used.

I realize this isnt the correct solution but I have always been using the heavy flamer mounted on top as my reference for any flame template weapons and just shot other weapons in either forwards or to the sides as i see fit ( so a squad could essentially shoot a flamer, heavy flamer, and combi-flamer from the mounted flamer and then three others could rapid fire out the front if i wanted and a 4th from the top hatch).

It seems to me that the whole point of the Repressor is to be able to remain inside and fire almost an entire squad worth of shots. Hell the name Repressor to me means so much is coming from this vehicle that it represses the enemy behind cover to avoid getting their head blown off.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I almost forgot, people make their own versions of models all the time right? So if there is indeed some reason that I cannot use all 6 fire points then what is to stop me from making a new kit that has all 6 pointing to the front or 6 on every side and I can only use 6 at a time?

Can you tell im frustated?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
~shrug~ Current rules don't limit the firing arc of firing points...so I'd say all 6 are fair in 360 degrees.

I don't use repressors, so I'm not frustrated ;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm ill have to go home and dig out my rule book, if they indeed dont have specific rules then i can use that argument. I was talking with another player over the weekend and he was saying that firepoints are just for model representation that basically you just see how many fire points are in the vehicle rules and then you can shoot from anywhere to anywhere.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Whomever said that was mistaken. Pg 66 BRB:

"Ranges and line of sight are measured from the fire point itself."

Shooting from anywhere applies to open topped, in which fire points aren't used because everyone can fire. However to quote the FAQ:

"Q. Must passengers fire at the same target that
their vehicle is firing at?
A. No, they are a separate unit (albeit they are
temporarily co-existing with the vehicle) and so
can fire at a different target."

Take it as you will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Imperial Armour book lists the Repressor as having 2 firing points that 6 bolters may fire and an additional weapon from the top hatch

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just looked at the IA2 entry I have for the repressor and nowhere does it say it has two fire points. it is worded as follows:

FIRE POINTS: Up to six passengers may fire their basic weapons from the repressor's fire points. Additionally one model may fire any weapon from the top hatch. All models using the fire oins must engage the same target, although they may engage a different target to the reprssor itself.

So in the brb it says: Unless specified differently in the vehicle's entry, a single passenger may fire out of a fire point and the other transported models may not fire. Ranges and line of sight are measured from the fire point itself.

since the repressor entry says that 6 passengers may fire but does not say they have to be independent fire points my question is can all 6 shoot out of one side of the repressor where there is only 3 fire points. I am basing this off of the fact that the brb says "unless specified differently" and the description does not just say the repressor has 6 fire points. It actually breaks it down into how many people are allowed to shoot and does not say that they must shoot from their own fire points. Plus the repressor has more than 6 modeled fire points so who is to say which six get used.

The first line of the repressor entry is what leads me to believe that despite having three accessible fire points all 6 passengers may shoot out that side regardless. I feel this qualifies as a "unless specified differently"

I guess the main point im trying to ask about is how can 6 passengers fire from 6 fire points when they are seperated 180 degrees from each other (3 per side)?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I guess the main point im trying to ask about is how can 6 passengers fire from 6 fire points when they are seperated 180 degrees from each other (3 per side)?
Think of it literally as a mobile bunker. Two units may fire form a building's fire point, so who's to say that they can't do it on a repressor? To me it just sounds like the repressor is opentopped without the penalties. In return not everyone can fire, but enough can fire.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Range and LOS being measured from the fire point itself is pretty wishy washy. Where are the three fire points on the repressor? I could say that there's one on each side and one on the rear, therefore you get to fire two bolters plus the hatch weapon...and who's to contradict me? You could say that all three are on the front this turn, and all three are on the left side next turn, and who's to say that you're wrong and I'm right? The number of points modeled on the vehicle doesn't match the number listed in the unit entry... That's why I say it's 360 degrees. Measuring range from the firing points is a little more reasonable. In other words, if you're shooting forward, you don't measure from the tip of the dozer blade, and if to the side, you measure from a point inside the tracks. If a unit entry specifies a facing for the firing points (such as if the chimera specifies that they look to the sides only? I dunno...) then you're bound by the LOS from that side...which would really only keep you from seeing and shooting enemies who are directly in front of or behind the transport...

Up to six passengers may fire their basic weapons from the repressor's fire points.
It doesn't say you get more than one firer per point, but it also says that six may fire...without any caveats about LOS or a limit on firers per point. To me, that means that as long as each arc has at least one firing point, you get 6 firers in 360 degrees...and I don't own a single repressor, so I don't really have a dog in this fight...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine says

Special Rules

Fire Points: 2. The Repressor is fitted with firing slits for six boltguns for the passengers to fire out. Up to six passengers can use their bolt guns. Additionally, one model may fire a weapon from the top hatch. The weapon used may be heavy, although not if the Repressor moves. Modeling firing from the top hatch must engage the same target as those firing bolt guns. If the hatch is used to fire from then the repressor does not counts as being an open topped vehicle because the Sisters wear power armour

·
3,395 Posts
The IA2 update simply states that up to six passengers may fire from the repressor's fire points plus one from the top hatch. Assuming DTCubone104's quote is from the IA2 book i'd say that the windowed part of the repressor is simply one omnidirectional fire point from which 6 models may fire.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
interesting, how is the repressor modeled for you DT? do you have more than 2 FP's?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just had a game a few days ago and used some of the things brought in this section, now they dont give me crap about firing 6 people out of one side

1 - 13 of 13 Posts