Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Repressor worth taking and is it legal to take in a tournament? I know that Super-Heavies aren't, so I imagine it isn't either.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The Repressor is a Forgeworld item.

Basically it's a Rhino with Flamers on it (kind of like an Immolater but more flame heavy)

Generally the answer is "No" unless they say you can take things out of the Imperial Armour books.

Specifically, is it part of "Chapter Approved"? That is the real test. Chapter Approved pubs are considered extentions of existing Codices. If it is in a Chapter Approved and does not say things like "experimental", "optional", etc. then yes. But I don't think it is.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Did you use it?

Has anyone used it? The model looks cool, but I have never seen anyone use it yet. (I know a guy who has it still NIB and he even does not play WH :wacko: ). From what I remember it is a Rhino with extra firing ports, standard dozer blades and a storm bolter + flamer on top?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah that's it. One of the LGS has the conversion kit and it looks really cool. I suppose I'll pick it up and use it as the Celestian Squad's Immolator at the very least.

It's Basically 5 points more, and has two guns and a heavy flamer.

·
867 Posts
And it also has firing ports for the squad inside IIRC.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
sounds interesting is it a sister thing or an imperial thing?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It's a sister thing, in Imperial armour II I think? My friend has it, the one about space marines and forces of the inquisition. The only sister thing in there besides the immolator and exorcist actually. :(

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
the rules anywhere else or only in that book

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Might be in WD, but I have only seen them in Imperial Armour II (update) book. 6 firing ports on it, Heavy flamer on top and storm bolter in (on?) the pintle. (might be replaced for another heavy flamer for free).

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
how much is the book and where can i get it from as that sounds like a excell transport for my celestian bodyguard.

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
The rules for the repressor I would have thought would be in one of the later imperial armour books (maybe in the newest one about to be released). This book costs around £20-30, though i can't remember it entirely.

In relation to the earlier subject, I say yes you can use the repressor as long as you have the rules to play it. Though it won't be allowed in tornaments unless it clearly says so. So in friendly games with friends there shouldn't be any objections.

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Heiromyo said:
In relation to the earlier subject, I say yes you can use the repressor as long as you have the rules to play it. Though it won't be allowed in tornaments unless it clearly says so. So in friendly games with friends there shouldn't be any objections.
So does it mean that you have to have the over-the-top-priced IA book with you? Can a xerox copy work? It is only one page after all! That on top of the model itself, and shipping from UK! Pricey if you ask me!

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
If you were playing with me and you had a photocopy of the rules I would allow it. Where I play we are all quite relaxed about such things but in the end it would be up to the group of people you play with, Im quite sure your friends would allow you to have just a photocopy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
SmokWawelski said:
So does it mean that you have to have the over-the-top-priced IA book with you? Can a xerox copy work? It is only one page after all! That on top of the model itself, and shipping from UK! Pricey if you ask me!
Depends on the tournament.

For some tourneys, you are REQUIRED to have the actual BOOK for any unit you field if it's allowed. No photocopies allowed.

But generally, as long as it doesn't state that, a simple photocopy of the page of the actual unit you are using should be fine.

I don't see you having a problem fielding the Repressor in "normal" games since it isn't really overpowering.

To make one, you can probably piece together one yourself since it is based on the Rhino chassis.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Laplace said:
Depends on the tournament.

For some tourneys, you are REQUIRED to have the actual BOOK for any unit you field if it's allowed. No photocopies allowed.

But generally, as long as it doesn't state that, a simple photocopy of the page of the actual unit you are using should be fine.
Nonononon
Firstly for tourneys you need to confirm with the tourney organiser that it is legal to use4 forgeworld (non-superheavies) then you need to eb aware that photocopying the rules would be illegal - breach of copyright.

This is why tourneys can not advocate the use of photo-coppies (note I was very carefull with my use of words there) accordingly most tourneys will set rules to protect themselves. Whilst tourney organisers dont actively check for this, a pedantic opponent may use it against you

I don't see you having a problem fielding the Repressor in "normal" games since it isn't really overpowering.
Yup generalyl that will be illegal and a matter between yourself and your opponent. OBviously commiting a breach of copyright within a GW store firendly game is fraught will risk

To make one, you can probably piece together one yourself since it is based on the Rhino chassis.
very true, if you look at the piccis o nthe link above you can get a good idea of what one looks like

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Yeah - I am not worried about my friends - we are as relaxed as can be :) And of course in official games all has to be "by the book" so I think I know the answer...

Photocoping - Well, I was wondering about photocoping for your own use. Just like with music or some software, I think that you are allowed to one or two copies for backup, in case the original medium breaks or gets lost. I for example use a copied CODEX because I like to write in it and do some highlights on the rules that I usually forget. Would that be not allowed as well?

AND back to the initial question: Did anyone use it? Worth the trouble?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
technically no but nobody enforces it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts