Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous reputation system has been reworked and updated.

Terms

Reputation Power - The amount of reputation points you give to an user every time you give them an "I approve" reputation.
Reputation Points - The number of reputations points you have received.

Reason for the Change

The previous system had drastically inflated reputation power and thus reputation points numbers. For example there were many members who could give 500+ reputation points with each approval rep they gave. There were members with 10,000+ reputation points.

What has changed

Previously under your username next your posts the forum displayed your Reputation Power (which is why at first glance the system did not seem as inflated as it actually was). This has been changed to display your Reputation Points.

Reputation Power has been maxed out at 8.

All registered users start with 1 Reputation Power.
For every 500 posts your reputation power will increase by 1.
For every 100 reputation points received, your reputation power will increase by 1.

To be promoted to a veteran the following new requirements must be met:

Number of Posts: 750

OR

Reputation points: 250

Regards,
Kyle

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
I was wondering why my reputation power went from 38 to 1336. I was going to have a good ol' time time bumping up everybody's scores.

Though now I lost all my little green bars. I feel so inadequate. :(

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
You're not the only one Klaj, I noticed my rep power had dropped down from thousands to four hundred and something, I was just about to nerd rage all over the place when I saw this thread.

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure it's all still relatively the same, but it does tend to take the wind out of your sails when you have this big ol' number built up and suddenly it's shrunk down to what feels like nothing. Not that it will matter in a little bit as we acclimate to this new system, but at the moment it's a bit of a shock.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm sure it's all still relatively the same, but it does tend to take the wind out of your sails when you have this big ol' number built up and suddenly it's shrunk down to what feels like nothing. Not that it will matter in a little bit as we acclimate to this new system, but at the moment it's a bit of a shock.
Thankfully everyone's reputation score scaled down together. So even though you may have gone from 1000+ to sub 100, everyone else has as well.

I have noticed that the green bars are not displaying as many as there should be. I need take a look and see if they can be tweaked.

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
Getting rep's gonna be a hard slog now. I was almost at 1k but now I'm 70 something with only one little bar. It's very disappointing.

May I suggest decreasing the amount of rep you need per bar, so it is scaled down just like the rep was?

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I miss the rep text as well. So how do the little green bars work now? The number is our reputation points? Where's the power and what are the green bars for - Borak has 15, I have like... 4, but our Reps have always been fairly close.
The answer lies in another thread...

I've updated the rep system to show:

worth 25 points each.
worth 50 points each.
worth 75 points each.

You then get a
for each time you complete a full set of the above.
OK, the images aren't working for me... :(

Kuffy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking into why they aren't working! They are showing up for you under the user's name right?

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
The x1 is your rep power, i.e. if you give someone rep you'll add a total of 1 to their rep score, whereas if you look at my rep power (x7), I add a total of 7 to people's rep score whenever I rep people. Hope that clears things up.

·
Martial of the Riddermark
898 Posts
Is this a permanent thing (the no negative rep thing) or what? (Not that I ever got around to using it.)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is this a permanent thing (the no negative rep thing) or what? (Not that I ever got around to using it.)
Members can still give negative rep equal to their rep power.

Triumph of Man simply has such a bad rep score that he has a rep power of 0! ;)

So you would be able to give negative rep of 2 bliss-giver.

·
Martial of the Riddermark
898 Posts
On clicking the reputation button, there is only one tick box for me, 'I approve' and I can't even uncheck it, so I can't negative rep people.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts