Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if this is allowed, in the right place, or whatever so the mods can feel free to berate me or fix my mistakes at their disgression ;)

I'm about to finish a Blood Angel Stormlord tank, and I'd like a banner (or two, as I have two banner poles) for it and I'm hoping someone will be able to lend me their skills... it would need to look good at 3x3cm although the width itself is not important as it's going to be attached to a vertical pole so could realistically be up to 6" long. It'll need to be mirrored about the central line so I can wrap it around the pole.

Ideally what I'm after is something that looks a little like this, only not drawn by a 2yr old with no hands (that's supposed to be an angel by the way, not a nurgle mutant, and if he could be smiting something wicked it'd be, well, wicked).

If people charge for their artwork, feel free to PM me and show me samples/discuss prices. If you feel like doing one for free and I end up using it, I'll paypal you a tenner to say thanks (although if you photoshop it from someone else's artwork, I'm pretty sure I legally can't pay you for it), along with the standard shouting your praises and giving you rep every time you say something non-stupid ;-) This tank is going to be the centrepiece of my 2nd Company army, so I want it to look good :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would like to start doing banners for people for modest payment. I don't charge for rough sketches or concept creation while finalizing the idea with the person who orders it. Also you don't have to pay unless you are actually 100% happy with it and intend to use it.

PM me if you are interested. Here is a rough draft sketch I did this moring and coloured in with photoshop. Perhaps this is something like you had in mind?

Looking at it now the angel needs to look more angry and not scared. Perhaps his posture should be stronger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quick update on the banner. I started drawing and colouring the new one, meant to be the final product. I did notice however that reduced to 3 by 3 inches the detail can get lost. So I had to simplify it. I am now putting in the Name and the whole banner has a black border and crenelations like the original 2nd company banner. I will post the new version tomorrow.

I am guessing you will only know if it really works if you print it out the correct size, even in black and white. Its the only way we'll know if it is legible.

·
Registered
34 Posts

The new black and white sketch. I shrunk it width wise for the new one.

And here it is. I added some logo's I designed that I thought might work for your army. Also included is the 2nd company 2. Changes welcome.
Okay now I noticed my widescreen distorted it. I will have to pull it a bit width-wise again. Also I might have to improve the clarity of the small scrolls.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've some bad news - I've just realised I made a mistake in my original post, and it's actually 3cm high, not inches, and if I'm not mistaken that's going to kill all of the detail :(

I'll try shrinking and printing that sample off on monday though, see how it comes out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts