Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Situation: Techmarine with servoarm assaults a squad.

(The servoarm counts as a powerfist, correct?)

Question: Do you have to chose if the techmarine hits for 5 hits with his power weapon at I4 or 5 hits with the powerfist(servoarm) at I1? Or 4 hits with power weapon at I4 then one hit with power fist at I1?

Is it like the techmarine gets all his normal attacks, servo arms are additional?

Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm not so sure about that.

I know the old Codex clearly stated that the servo-arm attack was treated separately but the new 4th Edition Codex does not. It merely states that it grants the bearer an additional close combat attack and counts as a powerfist.

I would say under current rules that all attacks are either made with the power weapon or with the servo-arm power fist.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,150 Posts
I'm not so sure about that.

I know the old Codex clearly stated that the servo-arm attack was treated separately but the new 4th Edition Codex does not. It merely states that it grants the bearer an additional close combat attack and counts as a powerfist.

I would say under current rules that all attacks are either made with the power weapon or with the servo-arm power fist.
Actually it says it grants the bearer an additional close combat attack that counts as a powerfist, not it grants an extra attack and counts as a powerfist.

The wording would suggest that the spare attack does in fact act on it own and as a powerfist.

Besides, its impossible for the beare to make his full compliment of attack with the servo arms only. And on top of that if I'm wrong then i'd say this might be one of the largest misconceptions ever, as thats the way most people play it, servo-arms are separate, and the wording in the updated codex supports that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.