Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow Chaos...ians....

After a 3 or so year hiatus from Warhammer, me and 2 mates have decided to gather together for a week or so of gaming for fun.
My last army before dropping the game was a Death Guard Plasma storm under the 4th Gen rules. After seeing the large changes to the CSM book (why cant i infiltrate my Plague Marines anymore lol!) I mocked up a rough army list Intend to use which looks something like this:

1000pts:

HQ
Prince - 175
Nurgle
WarpTime
Wings

Troops:
Plague Marines x7 - 271
Plasma x2
Icon
Champ
P-Fist
Rhino

Plague Marines x7 - 256
Melta x2
Champ
P-Fist
Rhino

Plague Marines x7 - 246
Flamer x2
Champ
P-Fist
Rhino

Heavy:
1x Obliterator - 75

Total=1000

I honestly love possessed and would love to use them in the battle, but am willing to hold off if they will be more of a hindrance than a benefit

My Main Enemies are most likely to be be:
Necrons
IG
Dark Eldar (with i think 5/7 Incubi which scare the hell out of me, not sure if feel no pain and a round of plasma fire will soften them up enough! and Dark Lances make Rhino's go squish!)
Orks (flamers should deal with them as they're mine being borrowed by a mate and theres barely 500pts there )

So my questions are:
How is this in relation to my opponents

Where should I expand from here to 1500pts which is my intended target before the game in a few weeks

Are there any essential upgrades I have missed considering my opponents (I was thinking flamers for everything except the necrons, with a squad of plasmas)

Thanks all!
Shazarn

EDIT:
Dodgy Adding (My iPod sucks :()
Removed P-Pistols from Champs

·
4,967 Posts
Remove those individual point costs and read the forum army list posting rules.

Also add them up correctly the squads cost 281, 271 and 261 each leaving only 12 points left.

Drop plasma pistols. Combiplasmas or combimeltas on the champ or preferably the rhino are better. If you drop the plasma pistols and a single PM you can get an obliterator and a unit icon to teleport him in close or leave him in cover providing lascannon or plasma cannon fire support.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tipoff about the adding, stupid iPod
the points have been rectified and the plasma pistols removed, still need to fill those last 57 pts and I'm not sure 1 oblit will do much good, but I'm far from an expertand open to any and all ideas
thanks again in advance

·
Registered
193 Posts
Troops:
Plague Marines x7 - 271
Plasma x2
Icon
Champ
P-Fist
Rhino
this is actually 266 points and the icon personal puts it at 271 get rid of the icon , you dont need it

Plague Marines x7 - 256
Melta x2
Champ
P-Fist
Rhino
this is good and added correctly

Plague Marines x7 - 246
Flamer x2
Champ
P-Fist
Rhino
This is good and yes correct on points

·
Registered
183 Posts
If your interested this is the list im planing on running:

Deamon Prince: MoN, Wings, Warp Time
(Classic)

7 Plague Marines: 2 Melters, Champ w/PF
Rhino

7 Plague Marines: 2 Melters, Champ w/PF
Rhino

2 Obliterators
(Run as sep squads)

Defiler w/ 2 CCW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.