Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone
Most people seem to think that mandrakes suck, or are quite ineffective, to say the least. It is quite a shame that they have so few punsh behind them, since they are quite a fluffy unit.
So how would it be to give them an option like "+3 points per modell, give the entiry unit rending claws". This way they could do something against armoured troups without making them an uber unit.
Or has anyone some ideas hwo to make them a usuable unit? In the next games I want to do some playtesting with my friends.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the hard part about mandrakes is that you can't make them too powerful from their originol stats cause of their awsome special abilities. Yeah rending claws would be cool, but why not just make them a warrior squad instead? Not too powerful but still can do some damage, just costs a few points more.

·
Registered
517 Posts
the only thing that i think the mandrakes really need is a base attack of 2. With only 1 base attack, and 15 points per model, i'd much rather have a wych squad

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hmm I would say the option to have a Mandrake squad leader with Sybarite options would make them worthwhile. That and something like being able to equip up to 2 models with a blaster/shredder per squad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All good suggestions:

2 base attacks

special weapons - how about poison blades? How about access to haywire grenades? That's give them value against enemy vehicles

Leader w/ poison blades or access to armoury?

I'd like to be able to inviltrate outside of my deployment zone rather than having to start within. Since they only move 6" per turn, the times I tried to use Mandrakes, they weren't able to get anywhere of value against the enemy by the end of turn 3 when they needed to be exposed. Lord Cru'X

·
Registered
517 Posts
at least they look cool...right? lol

PS-poison blades would be awesome...i wouldnt mind paying a couple extra points for some poison blades on all of em. But they at least need to make it so they get fleet of foot when hidden, bc 18 inches of movement wont get em anywhere close to the bad guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.