Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm rebuilding the Marine army I started years ago (stopped playing for a while) and have a question about the Rhino entry in the latest version of the codex. Under wargear for the Rhino it says it has a storm bolter, but then under the options it says you can take a storm bolter for "x" points (x'd as per the sticky at the top). Does the Rhino come with a storm bolter at it's base cost, or do you have to purchase it for the "x" points? Or does the option part mean that you can take an additional storm bolter?

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm rebuilding the Marine army I started years ago (stopped playing for a while) and have a question about the Rhino entry in the latest version of the codex. Under wargear for the Rhino it says it has a storm bolter, but then under the options it says you can take a storm bolter for "x" points (x'd as per the sticky at the top). Does the Rhino come with a storm bolter at it's base cost, or do you have to purchase it for the "x" points? Or does the option part mean that you can take an additional storm bolter?
One comes as standard. You may buy an additional one, for a total of two Storm Bolters.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
just to let you know, i have experimented with two storm bolters on rhinos and the results are quite nice, enough to take out stranglers or to make that enemy squad smaller, however those points could be better spent elsewhere.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
It's always weird to me how they only give you a pintle-mounted storm bolter to model on the rhino and the base storm bolter is not modeled at all
Everybody I know simply assumes that they're both pintle mounts. A Storm Bolter isn't really suited to use as a fixed weapon system...

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Presumably you can model two pintle storm bolters onto your Rhino. It would be pretty neat. One guy firing two storm bolters from the hatch of a tank.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
the other storm bolter could be controlled via the drivers if you wanted it to happen, while the other manually fires it.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
It says the same thing for a vindicator, does that mean a vindicator has a storm bolter standard too? That would definitely help with weapon destroyed results...
If it says that it has something in the army selection option, then it has it by default. If it only appears in the options list, you have to select it. If it has both, then you can have two if you pony up the points!

That being said, what enemy is going to choose to wipe out a storm bolter over a demolisher cannon?

·
UnderWater Ninja-Tiger ..
785 Posts
If it says that it has something in the army selection option, then it has it by default. If it only appears in the options list, you have to select it. If it has both, then you can have two if you pony up the points!

That being said, what enemy is going to choose to wipe out a storm bolter over a demolisher cannon?
If there are multiple weapons then multiple weapon destroyed results, it will take longer to wreck the vehicle entirely. With only 1 weapon, further weapon destroyed results will increase in severity until the vehicle is 'destroyed'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Running my Rhino with 2 storm bolters is a decent option, but I think I'm gonna throw the points elsewhere. I think I might actually magnetize my hatches, that way whenever I get another tank I'll have the 2 bolter option. Something I will look into when I get to work on my Rhino again!

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
If there are multiple weapons then multiple weapon destroyed results, it will take longer to wreck the vehicle entirely. With only 1 weapon, further weapon destroyed results will increase in severity until the vehicle is 'destroyed'
Yeah I get that but once the demolisher cannon is gone the vindi has lost it's main use - spending extra points to keep it alive for one or two more penetrating hits is a bit of a waste imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.