Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chapter approved says that the rhino has a fire port for two crew to shoot out of... in the games i've been playing theres been debate that this means only 1 special or heavy weapon may be fired... so far i havent seen this ruling any where.

if anyone knows about it would they mind replying

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I don't have CA next to me right now, but as far as i remember there is only that limitation that only two may fire from that hatch. As long as there is not written in CA that there may only one special weapon shoot, two may shoot. There have been no further clarifications about this. These guys are wrong then.

jwu

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, btw pls check out my tournament list at 1700 pts in the army list section tell me what you think...

thx

·
Registered
19 Posts
does it count as the squad moving for heavy wepons?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think I sould point out something interesting about infantry firing from vehicles. If I have a rhino that moves 12" one turn, the rules say that I can still fire infantry out of it that count as moving. So in theory I could put two plasma guns in a squad, mount them in a rhino and move around 12" everywhere while still being able to shoot the plasma (though the storm bolter does not get to shoot on the rhino....).

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
I think I sould point out something interesting about infantry firing from vehicles. If I have a rhino that moves 12" one turn, the rules say that I can still fire infantry out of it that count as moving. So in theory I could put two plasma guns in a squad, mount them in a rhino and move around 12" everywhere while still being able to shoot the plasma (though the storm bolter does not get to shoot on the rhino....).
on which page did you find this

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
It's there in the rules for Fire Points, both the CA2003 and 2004 versions.

The movement can preclude the Rhino from firing it's own weapons, but the passengers may still shoot (count as moving).

·
Master of the Ravenwing
849 Posts
Originally posted by Brother Marius@Nov 24 2004, 19:04
I could put two plasma guns in a squad, mount them in a rhino and move around 12" everywhere while still being able to shoot the plasma
Yes, you can. (Y) Rules for firing out of fire points: rulebook page 64. Rhino is defined in C:SM as having a single fire point from which two models can shoot.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Originally posted by Brother Marius@Nov 24 2004, 13:04
So in theory I could put two plasma guns in a squad, mount them in a rhino and move around 12" everywhere while still being able to shoot the plasma
[snapback]256916[/snapback]​
yeah that would be nice, if you could mount two plasma guns in a single sm squad, but sadly you cant(as far as i know anyway) 8)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Originally posted by darkreever@Nov 24 2004, 21:01
yeah that would be nice, if you could mount two plasma guns in a single sm squad, but sadly you cant(as far as i know anyway) 8)
[snapback]257220[/snapback]​
Codex: Space Marine, page 43, Trait Advantage: Cleanse and Purify

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
and its the one trait i didnt bother to read 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts