Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I could knock out two questions in one thread, so I will.

First:: Do ripper swarm models have to have a minimum number of rippers on them?
I know they have must have multiples but I am not sure and need some desperate closure on this!

Second::I Love how the Enhanced Senses Head for the carnifex looks. I plan on giving my Hive Tyrant ES, am I able to use the fex head and would there be any problem with plastic and blister mixing if I can do that?

Thanks in advance, feel free to ask questions.

LX

·
1,256 Posts
You really should put atleast 3 rippers on a base as it is a three wound deal, any less than that is too spacious and looks like you are going a little too thrifty.

Conversions are great and pics of conversions are even better. Have fun splice your models.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well your first question is completly answered, but to go further with the second, the Hice Tyrant model is part plastic and metal anyway and they are of a comparable size to a carnifex - so headswapping should not be a problem. remember though that you have to use the super glue when working with metal minitures and good luck -- and yes pics are good

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
I think with the Rippers there is no official number that must be included. However three would seem like the smallest amount that would be fair. If you are using less Rippers than normal I suggest a few bits of fancy terrain on thier bases to bulk them out or else they may look a little bare. If you have enough to use more then go for it.

I think Ripper bases look best with five on them. Either way what stands out about Rippers that they have an odd number of models on the base. Three will look good as will five, however four models will look silly. Also if you are converting them the number you need may vary. I am trying to convert some winged Rippers and I think each base may only end up with three Rippers on it.

If you want to swap about heads from one Tyranid to another then go for it. I don't know if the enhanced senses head will fit very well on a Hive tyrant body but it may work. I would suggest checking that the neck isn't too big. If the neck is too big you could cut it down to make it fit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
For my CC Flyrant I used the Tusked Carnifex head and it looks amazing. Much better than the tiny one that comes standard. And since Tyrants can't get tusks, there's no biomorph confusion.

I see no reason why the Senses head wouldn't fit just as well. The only thing is that you'll probably have to trim a little of the Tyrant Carapace that extends over the neck area. No big deal.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Overmind said:
Well your first question is completly answered, but to go further with the second, the Hice Tyrant model is part plastic and metal anyway and they are of a comparable size to a carnifex - so headswapping should not be a problem. remember though that you have to use the super glue when working with metal minitures and good luck -- and yes pics are good
Superglue - Check
Pictures - Soon to Come.

I have a WIP thread over on the Painting -> Projects subforum. I would love to hear yours and everyone elses opinion on my work thus far. :)

Betrayer said:
I see no reason why the Senses head wouldn't fit just as well. The only thing is that you'll probably have to trim a little of the Tyrant Carapace that extends over the neck area. No big deal.
About trimming, I'm planning on using green stuff to somewhat "fill it" in area that contains the back of the default hive tyrant head and just have the ES head stick out a little more to give it a sense of being bigger.

what do you guys think?

^_^
LX

p.s - Thanks for the closure <3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.