Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many tyranid conversions so far, and i thought of making my own. i thought of the idea of a ripperfex since it would make sense to have a big model that gobbled evertything up. i mean...dont rippers explode from eating the planets? i thought of converting a carni into one that has a bloated stomach and mouth. all ireally need is greenstuff. but before i do this...is it ok in tournaments as a regular CC carnifex? if not, ill make it for show. please leave tips!

PS i dont have a digital cam so ill draw my work as it's pobably the only way to do it right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:yes:
heh thanks guys guess ill do it! also, iv been practicing this w/ warriors so i used the flesh hooks as teeth and lots of putty for the jaw. doesnt look proffesional but it'll look nice when painted.

·
Registered
245 Posts
No, not really. He's making a CARNIFEX (not a thrope of sorts) that's fat and has a huge jaw. I'm afraid all the thrope has going for it is the fatness. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And it sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Umm..no, the malanthrope is a carnifex-like thing that goes around eating biomass, just like this so called 'ripperfex'

I mean, you can convert a model if you want, but it would make sense to use the rules for the malanthrope, seeing as that is what you are aiming for?

But if you want it tournament legal, I'm not sure whether they all accept Imperial Armour stuff.

Ah, whatever, do what you want.
just trying to help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Something like the queen alien from laser squad nemesis (go to their website and get the demo!).

That would be cool - like a big segmented munching machine!

·
Registered
60 Posts
No!

"MALANTHROPE (v2.0)
Imperial Designation: Malanthrope
Common Name: Corpse-eater,Ingestor, Scavenger
Species Name: TyranicusCadavi Terriblis

Following in the wake of a Tyranid attack come the Ripper swarmsand the hideous Malanthrope. The Malanthrope’s role is to selectively collect and process the DNA material offallen enemies before being reabsorbed, along with the Ripper swarms, into the Tyranid biomass, which is then used to create more complex creatures. The Malanthrope’s full role is not yet understood and sightings of these strange creatures are rare, as few survive the initial attack long enough to witness the following waves.

The Malanthrope grasps dead, injured and unwary foes with its long groping tendrils. Its stings carry a highly venomous,cardiotoxic,neurotoxic and dermatonecrotic poison. Injected through the skin of just about any living creature it causes excruciating pain and disables its target, which is then pulled up into the bloated sacks of the Malanthrope’s torso where the DNA is slowly extracted –a terrible death for anybody unlucky enough to be caught by a Malanthrope."

Taken from the experimental rules found here:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/PDF/malan.pdf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts