Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
how does one(a person) convert the ripper models to hold rending claws and be leaping, other than the expensive idea in the middle of the tyranid codex.

·
Registered
515 Posts
not if your fighting armies with flamers, since they normally assult 6 then u can stand just out of reach then move attack assult, and they could lsoe 2 wounds and lose the enemy get charging bonus.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah , for some reason , "Shoot the big ones" functions alot more like "Shoot anything you want" , which I thnk is kinda unrealistic (How could you single out a brood of 5 genestealers directly behind a brood of 20 hormagaunts , REALLY?)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I havent got the codex here but dont rippers get a cover save when in the open, so therefore you could hide ppl behind them, or at least behind lictors.

·
Registered
515 Posts
ops so sorry i just realised/remembers thats just for lictors, and rippers get inproved cover when in cover, sorry about that, how do u model rending claws on rippers?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm thinking of fielding a handful of basic (10 pt.) ripper swarms and attaching my slasherfex (2x talons) to them. Maybe taking upwards of 4-6 of them and surrounding the big guy until he can get close enough to tear stuff up.

Per the TMC rule, this makes them all one brood, correct? So they arrive on a single reserve check. And since the rippers are mindless, there is no morale problem for the 'fex.

I think they might compliment the 'fex, and as was mentioned by someone else, they can prevent CC opponents from getting the jump on my bid can opener before he's ready.

Does this make sense?

[Edit] Addendum question:

Am I reading it correctly that in CC the rippers can absorb hits for the 'fex? "Shoot the Big Ones" and the TMC rules only discuss shooting, not CC. That seems to make my strategy even better since it will keep the 'fex alive for quite a while in CC.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Am I reading it correctly that in CC the rippers can absorb hits for the 'fex? "Shoot the Big Ones" and the TMC rules only discuss shooting, not CC. That seems to make my strategy even better since it will keep the 'fex alive for quite a while in CC.
Not if you use the New Assult Rules. MC's and IC's count as seperate units in close combat. Using rippers to blunt an enemy assult or to support a unit is a good idea, just not THAT good.

As for the reserves roll, they start as seperate units and you'll need one roll for the rippers and one for the 'fex. After they are both on the board, the 'fex can join up with the rippers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So let me see if I can get this straight...

A TMC has to wait to join a brood after play has started, but cannot break away from it later? That seems (well, to be blunt...) insane.

If a fex joins up with some gaunts, and the gaunts fell back, the fex cannot separate from them and must likewise fall back. That's a helft penalty. Especially since there is no advantage to joining him to them if he must show up on a separate reserves roll and catch up to them to attach.

It is especially lame since he apparantly can now still be targetted by both shooting and CC attacks separately.

So what the hesk is the point of joining TMCs to a troop brood then? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So what the hesk is the point of joining TMCs to a troop brood then? I just don't get it.
BINGO!!! There is no point (outside of a Tyrant Guard brood). Although there is apparently a way to slingshot your carnifex across the board with gaunts under the new assult rules, I'm not sure how to do it.

Your Carnifex CAN leave a brood later, just not in the middle of a fall back move. You could do it in your move phase, for example.

MC = Monsterous Creatures
TMC = Tyranid Monsterous Creatures
IC = Independent Characters
NFW = You'll have to ask Logan about that one

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks, where can i get the new assult rule, one of my friend tells me them , but i dont know where on Gw to fidn them (im sure it doesnt breach copywrite to tell me where i can get them.).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.