6 Objectives. 3 placed by each player.

Mission:
Night fight first turn.

Set up:
Hammer and Anvil

List 1
Tzeentch Daemons 2000 Points CAD

Ther'onx - Seer of Blood Battles
Lord of Change - (warlord) 2x Greater Rewards, ML3, Impossible Robe (320)

Herious - Keeper of Mortal Tears
Lord of Change - 2x Greater Rewards, ML3, Paradox (320)

Horrors of the Warp
Pink Horrors x13 - Iridescent Horror (122)

Phalanx of Chaos
Pink Horrors x13 - Iridescent Horror (122)

Plunderers of Eye
Pink Horrors x12 - Iridescent Horror (113)

Terrors of the Empyrean
Pink Horrors x12 - Iridescent Horror (113)

Tzeentch's Winged Swords
Screamers of Tzeentch x5 (125)

Z'thioun Siege Engine of Tzeentch
Soul Grinder of Tzeentch - Phlegm Bombardment (170)

In'sention War Engine of Tzeentch

Quintonix Death Engine of Tzeentch

1995 Points

Black Templars

140 Emperor's Champion (warlord)
105 Chaplain, jump pack

190 Ironclad, Hk missile x2, Pod
190 Ironclad, Hk missile x2, Pod
180 Ironclad, heavy flamer x2, Pod

245 Tactical Squad x10, plasma gun, lascannon, Vet Sarge/combimelta, lightning claw, Pod
245 Tactical Squad x10, plasma gun, lascannon, Vet Sarge/combimelta, lightning claw, Pod

125 Storm Talon, TL lascannon, TL assault cannon
125 Storm Talon, TL lascannon, TL assault cannon
210 Assault Squad x10, jump packs, flamer, Vet Sarge/powerfist

2000 points total, 42 infantry, 6 Pods, 2 fliers, 3 Dreadnoughts

Primary plan is standard Pod Assault spearheaded with Ironclads and followed by squadded Tacticals. Champ rides in a late Pod and Chaplain goes with the ASM. Jumpers work better than bikes in the parking lot that's sure to happen, especially if I build a "wall" out of the three Ironclads and their Pods. Secondary plan is keep the Tacticals together in a skirmish line and use their empty Pods to build a funnel into the kill zone. Talons provide fire support and the Crusader rule provides post-Drop mobility and sweeping advance support.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't think there's anyway to go but MARINES for this one. The pods will give them more manouverability than the demons and if they land in front of the demon lines they will be making a mess in combat the next turn. Three dreadnoughts are going to be a pain for the demons to kill and I can see the marines just clearing the demons from any close held objectives.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Marines

I think the alpha-strike is going to do enough damage to majorly upset the summoning shenanigans that have seen the daemons through the previous rounds.

(By the way, I'm liking how well this SM is doing. It's good to see a solid marine list not relying on gimmicks, cherry-picking and min-maxing from a bunch of different splatbooks)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
It is DAEMONS. Templar might have a lot of pods, but they don't have the offensive output required to stop the summoning, and they simply won't be able to hold the objectives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts