Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the listing for Rout Test. Is it 25% of the force killed? Or is that just Skirmish?

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Not sure if I'm following? Are you talking about Break Tests? Otherwise yes, it is only Skirmish (and Mordhiem - so much more indepth than Skirmish) that has Route tests for the warbands after losing 25% of their models.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Isn't a rout test essentially the same a break test in combat, whilst other tests such as 25% shooting losses etc are PANIC tests, not break/rout tests.

You take a break test in combat, you take a panic test when you are:
1) shot at a lot
2) Magicked a lot
3) See their mates running

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Nope, a Rout Test is something you take in a game of Mordheim or Skirmish when your hardy band of warriors lose 25% of their starting members.
Break Test is what happens in combat.
There are no Rout Tests in Fantasy.

·
Lord Admiral
2,608 Posts
Well, depends on edition - rout tests from 3rd edition = break tests from 4th+ editions. Ah the days of free-hack! But yes, back to the point, Rout tests in Warhammer are now called Break tests (this is what I meant).

Rout tests in Mordheim and Necromunda (Necromunda is based on 2nd edition 40K rules) are like a Panic test across the whole gang...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.