Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To ensure a decent quality of new threads here in the 40k Army Fluff section of Librarium Online I have composed a list of guidelines and rules for the section. It has now been posted in the forum FAQ, so please read it here:

Rules and guidelines for the 40k Army Fluff section.

Posts that do not comply with the guidelines and general forum rules will be moved, closed or deleted. Remember that you can always contact a moderator if you’re unsure whether your post is suitable for the forum, and we gladly answer all questions and comments you might have. Suggestions for additional new rules and guidelines are also very welcome.

Thank you.

~Grephaun.

·
Banned
386 Posts
Emperor be praised! Thank you so much, this will make the forum much more useful! I especially like the prohibition of those 'pole' type threads. They really belong in 'General off topic' IMHO.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Shouldn't we make up a thread with the most frequent questions being answered? I'm tired of explaining how many primarchs are left, whereabouts of the two missing legions or what happened to Johnson. I would volunteer to make one up but i would need help since english isn't my native language.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kelnor said:
Shouldn't we make up a thread with the most frequent questions being answered? I'm tired of explaining how many primarchs are left, whereabouts of the two missing legions or what happened to Johnson. I would volunteer to make one up but i would need help since english isn't my native language.
Well, I did link to Critical Hit in the new guidelines and advise newbies to go there before posting their question here, but if you want to make such a thread, you’re welcome. Actually I thought about making a thread similar to that one, inspired by an old thread called ‘Ask the Commissar’ back on the old Portent. Members would write letters to the Commissar, in the style of letters to a magazine correspondence column, and have their questions answered. E.g. ‘Dear Lord Commissar, I have begun wondering about Eldar. I’ve always heard that the xenos were foul and traitorous, but they helped my regiment beat a bunch of Heretics today. Are they our friends? Yours sincerely, Imperial Guardsman Mike.’ And the Commissar would then reply, usually beginning his letter in best Commissar style by accusing the writer of being everything from a heretic to a xenos-loving scum, but eventually getting around to answer the question, from Imperial point of view, of course. This was great fun, especially when this fictional column also got commanders of other forces to work for it, including a Tau Commander and a Chaos Librarian. To my recollection, even the Hivemind popped in once in a while to answer questions about the Tyranid race.

Rather than putting a lot of work into one post about everything, this seems like something that’s easier to do, a lot of fun, and would be possible here as well. We only need people with a good knowledge of their chosen races to sign up for being ‘Commissars’ and replying to the letters. Since this would not be a place to discuss the replies, the members taking on this role should be well versed in most fluff.

So, what do you think about this? Anyone interested? Knowing a lot about Daemons and things of the warp, as well as ancient and half-forgotten knowledge about the mysterious Adeptus Astartes, I would like to volunteer for the spot as the column’s resident Inquisitor, but many more people would still be needed. Any volunteers?

~Grephaun.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would like to volunteer, i like the idea. My references are avaible here, just search for my posts.

·
God's nutcase
1,906 Posts
I'm in for this, even if my Net time at the moment is limited. I couldn't honestly say which race I'm best with as regards fluff (I've looked into pretty much all of them since I've been collecting, apart from Tau), but I'd guess my best knowledge would lie in the Imperium's and the Eldar's frame of reference.

Throw me any questions you feel like, and I'll try to answer them, basically. But I know nothing about the Tau.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good! We’ll get that thread up and running in no time. ;)

As for the details of the thread, I’ll make the first post to outline the point and rules of the thread and possibly make it a sticky if it fails to stay on the first page. Then hopefully we’ll get some questions to answer, and you can go right ahead and reply to those.

One of the funny things about the thread, however, would be that we reply in character, so to speak. Therefore it would be great if you could choose a character. Xerxes, for instance, knows a lot about Eldar, and would make a good Farseer in my opinion. He would of course reply to letters from an Eldar point of view, commenting on the narrow-mindedness of younger races, such as humanity, and their failure to see the big picture of things.

It would also be neat to have other commanders, so I’m hoping that more people will volunteer for this before starting the thread. There’s still room for a lot of other races. So, anyone?

~Grephaun.

Reactions: Corianis

·
Registered
199 Posts
I take the Imperial Guard and general Questions about the Imperium (i.e. History) then.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kelnor said:
I take the Imperial Guard and general Questions about the Imperium (i.e. History) then.
Welcome aboard, Commissar Kelnor. ;)

~Grephaun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts