Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am perplexed. I'm new to WH40K, but I've read the Rules Book and think I have a basic understanding. Concerning the Ballistic Skill, though, on particular Necron units, it seems that they don't have a weapon with which to use this characteristic. Sure, the TS can be upgraded to have a partical projector, but what of the Wraith. The codex explains that it has claws. So what is that hefty BS4 good for?

Perhaps I completely misunderstand the rules. If someone would clarify this for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
That's a reasonable question. The straight answer is that there is no reason for it to be there but the studio guys like to give complete stat lines out of a sense of completeness. It's pretty common in WHM to find units that can't take missile weapons listed with a BS.
The best way to look at it in this example is that the wraith has the same targeting software as a warrior- it just doesn't have the raygun hardware to use it. If only they'd used the same software on a TS... then those particle guns would be pretty savage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts