Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had a dispute with someone about charging my Hormagaunts through terrian. I roll the difficult terrian dice and double it for 12" charges. I can't find this in the BBB, maybe I'm using a 3rd ed rule. Does anyone know where this is covered in the rules?

Spore mines launched from Biovores use the barrage rules which can force pinning rolls. It isn't clear whether spore mine clusters or drifting mines can cause pinning. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
In the movment phase you roll 2D6 and pick the highest. This is the most you can move in the movment phase. In the Assult Phase you roll 2D6 and pick the highest this it the most you can charge. I don't know about the spore mines.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i could be wrong as i just sold my tyranid codex, but im pretty sure tyranids get move through cover. its on the special rules page next to synapse creatures and living ammunition. page 18 would b my guess, but once again, that would be from memory

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It's in the rules for Beasts on page 57 of the rulebook under the heading "Assault Phase".

EDIT: LOL! One right after the other, each a minute apart. ;)

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
That's right, Move Through Cover gives 3D6 when rolling not 2D6. Pick the highest...

·
529 Posts
And check out the combination of the Tyranid 'Move Through Cover' blanket rule with the Monstrous Creature movement rule for difficult terrain in the main rulebook.

As I read the two together, that's 3D6 for a TMC moving through difficult terrain and if you don't like the roll, you get one reroll.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts